Notices

Removing the Dash of a 93 Civic HB

Old 07-18-2005, 10:32 PM
Beegwot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing the Dash of a 93 Civic HB

I bought an already "done up" civic a few years ago but the interior looked like shit. The previous owner had decided to paint the speaker covers, vents, trim panel and the panels in the HB area with black and yellow house paint. So I've ripped out every single panel in the car and painted them using a vinyl/plastic paint (krylon), now all I have left to get out is the dash.

I've taken out my glovebox and all panels around the dashboard (steering column, fuse panels, etc) and I've removed the 3 main bolts in the dash (on the sides and in the "center" vent i suppose) and I know I'm going to have to remove my steering wheel and the light/signal switches.

I have a feeling that removing the dash is a lot more complex than just a few bolts and a steering wheel. Is there anyone that has done this that could maybe let me know what else i'm going to need to do? Am I going to remove the framing from behind the forward console? or from anywhere else?

Any help would be very greatly appreciated
Old 07-19-2005, 02:30 PM
sonicrex
Dub L

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beegwot
I bought an already "done up" civic a few years ago but the interior looked like shit. The previous owner had decided to paint the speaker covers, vents, trim panel and the panels in the HB area with black and yellow house paint. So I've ripped out every single panel in the car and painted them using a vinyl/plastic paint (krylon), now all I have left to get out is the dash.

I've taken out my glovebox and all panels around the dashboard (steering column, fuse panels, etc) and I've removed the 3 main bolts in the dash (on the sides and in the "center" vent i suppose) and I know I'm going to have to remove my steering wheel and the light/signal switches.

I have a feeling that removing the dash is a lot more complex than just a few bolts and a steering wheel. Is there anyone that has done this that could maybe let me know what else i'm going to need to do? Am I going to remove the framing from behind the forward console? or from anywhere else?

Any help would be very greatly appreciated
Yes, it's involved, but not that bad. You're already off to a good start with the glovebox, small panels, and the main bolts. You don't have to remove the metal framing that holds the center console in place. Just keep following the bolts and make sure you disconnect all the wiring harnesses!!

Take your time and you should have it out with relatively little pain.

Have fun!