Notices

Rubbing sound after car wash

Old 07-09-2005, 08:21 AM
Flatland2D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubbing sound after car wash

I just got a 94 Del Sol about a week ago. I washed the car the other day at one of those self serve car washes. I really sprayed out the wheels with the high pressure rinse and now I have a rubbing sound coming from the front of the car when coasting. The sound mostly goes away when accelerating and turning, and always goes away when braking. I'm wondering if the front brakes are now rubbing a little uneven when driving. Seems to make sense if it goes away once they are fully squeezed against the rotor. Should I try some brake cleaner? Could I have washed away some lube? The rubbing sound gets proportionally faster with speed, so it's something connected the to drivetrain/wheels. Thanks for any advice.

Now about the car. It has a B18C1 controlled by OBD1 with full exhaust, short air intake, polyurethane body kit, carbon fiber hood painted to match the car, 18" wheels (that I replaced with 14" the guy included with the car... 18" are begging to be stolen), and a nice stereo system enclosed in a stealth box. Oh yeah, and it's white. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:58 AM
VTEC-Power

did you wash the rims right after you drove the car?
Old 07-09-2005, 03:05 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

I would guess a fender liner or something. When accelerating the suspension moves back a little, but when coasting the suspension would move just a little bit forward.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:35 PM
Flatland2D

I washed these wheels by hand before mounting them on the car. I also sprayed them pretty well with the high pressure sprayer after putting them on. Would anyone recommend spraying some brake cleaner in there?
Old 07-09-2005, 06:44 PM
flatliner
Fix It

some brake cleaner and coat your rotors lightly with disc anti-squeal it is about 20$ for a can and looks like grey paint.