Notices

how to fix a crack in the windshield

Old 09-02-2002, 06:41 PM
crucial Si
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by fongaroos
all i know about her car insurance is that she has a 1000 deductible or something like that...
so im not sure how all of that works...
if she does have full coverage will her insurance premium go up because of this?
it will be free if she has it covered...and what does she care if he premium would go up which it wont be still she drives a lexus...insurance must not be a bigass deal.
Old 09-02-2002, 06:53 PM
fongaroos

well the thing is...we just bought a house and money is a little tight so we just wanna try to keep things slightly more conservative in terms of spending
if she decides not to replace it now...what could happen...

is it so bad to drive around with a cracked windshield?
Old 09-02-2002, 06:54 PM
knight0118

that crack will take up to a year before it starts to spread...
Old 09-02-2002, 07:03 PM
str8edgexx

Is it warm where you live? (don't recognize the cities). If you live up here in the north, the winter will kill the windshield. Cold weather (or even worse, weather that changes from cold to warm and back) and cracked glass are not a good combination. I think your climate will have a big role in how long she can drive around like that.
Old 09-02-2002, 07:05 PM
fongaroos

i live in california...southern california in los angeles

the weather is pretty warm here and the winters here are pretty mild to say the least
no snow or nothin and it doesnt get all that cold
but yah
thank you SOOO MUCH for all your help
ill let you know how it all goes...
Old 09-02-2002, 07:08 PM
'99EJ8

if the crack spreads to the middle of the windshield, a cop can give u a ticket for it if he wants to be a prick...
Old 09-02-2002, 07:20 PM
Jkan2001
S2000 Pilot

Originally posted by knight0118
i work for vision auto glass and i can tell the crack is non repairable i repair them all day long so trust me....and 2nd a new windshield oem replacement wont cost more then 300$ and by the looks of the car it look expencive so im guessn theres full coverage ins. which will have glass replacement..if so it wouldnt cost u anything....
I have a crack from when i dropped my hood down @ my friends house (he lives in a windy field area near an airport) The hood blew back up and hit my windshield. I now have a crack that runs all the way across my windshield that matches the back of the hood. The cheapest i could find the windshield installed for was like 350....they said mine was more cause it's a 00. Any idea where i can get a cheaper one?
Old 09-02-2002, 08:57 PM
knight0118

Originally posted by Jkan2001

I have a crack from when i dropped my hood down @ my friends house (he lives in a windy field area near an airport) The hood blew back up and hit my windshield. I now have a crack that runs all the way across my windshield that matches the back of the hood. The cheapest i could find the windshield installed for was like 350....they said mine was more cause it's a 00. Any idea where i can get a cheaper one?
call around or call empire glass they will ask u if u have gotten other quotes and if so what was your lowest quote tell them something far under what u actually were quoted and they will match it 90% of the time....
Old 09-02-2002, 09:19 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

get it fixed before you get hurt.

and btw, glass breakage on auto insurance is the cheapest there is...so get that if you dont already have it.

sorry if i missed something, the big pics are intrusive.
Old 09-02-2002, 09:26 PM
GCEX

Had a cracked windshield on my '00 coupe. Was pissed about it, especially since my brother borrowed my car and that was when it happened. Damned thing spread so quickly.

Anyways, called around a couple of places and asked for quotes. Some were high, like $500, even taking into account insurance. But we kept going through the yellow pages and found some small ass mom & pop window repair/replacement place. They quoted us $200-$250 over the phone. But when we got there they were really cool and eventually we paid $150. I don't know exactly what they did to get such a cheap price, maybe they ****ed over the insurance company. Moral of the story is to shop around. Funny thing was, place was called AAA Glass or something, one of the first listings in the phone book.

Quick Reply: how to fix a crack in the windshield