Notices

spoiler install

Old 07-06-2005, 05:35 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spoiler install

I have a 94-97 integra 3-door spoiler I got off one of my friends. Initial impression was that it lined up well with the body lines, and I want the led brake light since I took out my rear deck. I work for a car rental company, and we're located inside a bodyshop, so I had a painter color-match it for me for $50

now that I'm ready to drill, I've noticed it might not line up right. the trunks have little area's that are ment for their factory spoilers, and the teg spoiler just barely comes short of the space.

my question is in regard to cutting out some of the underskeleton. I want to expose just enough to put those bolts in. any suggetions? bad idea?

I'd really like the spoiler, but I'd like not having to buy a new trunk lid even more (although the thought of going 99-00 sounds good)
Old 07-07-2005, 07:44 PM
19.3secS2K

anyone?
Old 07-07-2005, 07:45 PM
DA JeLLie
Rev-Auto.com

Ive seen people do it ghetto style. Just drill holes, and mount it. But im sure thats not what you want to do, seeing as you would need to cover the open metal to prevent rust.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:47 PM
19.3secS2K

Originally Posted by DA JeLLie
Ive seen people do it ghetto style. Just drill holes, and mount it. But im sure thats not what you want to do, seeing as you would need to cover the open metal to prevent rust.
I planned on painting the metal with some touch up paint, but thats aside the point. I'm more worried about being able to get the bolts on.

the under-skeleton is going to be a problem. I was wonding about grinding/cutting a small section out, but dunno how'd to go about doing it. I guess I'll talk to the guys at the bodyshop tomorrow....