Notices

Just rotated my tires, but now it rides badly? Unidirectional vs. Bidirectional?

Old 06-27-2005, 05:27 PM
longskate87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just rotated my tires, but now it rides badly? Unidirectional vs. Bidirectional?

I had Bidirectional tires on the back, and unidirectional tires(only rotate one way) on the front. I moved the Uni's straight to the back, and moved the Bi's to the front/opposite side of the car. Now, I hear a lot of road noise and vibration from the front tires. Are Bi's supposed to be used on the front? Sure doesn't seem like it, they don't seem to ride as well. Should I move the Uni's back to the front? Thanks guys.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:22 PM
96GreenCivic

Are you sure they are balanced? How fast are you going when you notice the problem?
Old 06-27-2005, 07:25 PM
longskate87

I just rotated them in my garage, so they are probably not balanced. They noise is more of a problem, it makes it seem as though they are not running smooth on the road.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:42 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

direction of the tire really doesn't have an effect on road noise unless they are backwards OR you just never noticed it being that the tires were in the back and you never heard them.

Why do you have two different tires?