Notices

Rough ride. Bilstein Can i mak it smoother ?

Old 06-27-2005, 05:27 PM
xalex1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough ride. Bilstein Shocks. Can i make it smoother?

Hello, I just upgraded my shock on my 1995 civic and I have a question. I put some bilstein shocks in as a replacement. But I thought it would give me a smoother ride than my original stock shock , but it seems the same, But with far superior handeling corners Etc.. , i used the stock springs. What can i do to make the ride smoother ?

Could i add a softer spring ? Would any of you recomend a specific type of model ?

Thanks, For any possible Help !

Last edited by xalex1; 06-27-2005 at 06:28 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-27-2005, 06:39 PM
smallphobia

Almost any aftermarket springs you buy will make it a stiffer ride. Thats because thats what you want for handeling, stifness. So if you get springs, either your ride will stay the same or only get stiffer.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:41 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

He got aftermarket shocks NOT springs.

There is no way to really smooth out the ride unless you have your shocks on the stiffest settings. What wheels and tires are you running? 17s will kill your back. 15s should be cushy.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:06 PM
xalex1

Actualy now that i think of it better, I like the shocks i got, And i dont mind the hardness. What i dont like is the Road noise that i hear in the cars cabin. And i also can feel the vibration, slightly, of the tread rolling on the pavement. It felt the same with the stock shocks too. So i think its not the shock that transalate all the treade vibration on to the cabin ?

Could it be the tires ? I have cheap Quadra tires, but i think a friends corrolla has the same and there is no noise or vibration.

What could it be ?

I apriciate you guys Help !

Thanks

--- Wheels are stock . I think 14
Old 06-28-2005, 07:17 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

alignment then.