Notices

P. window problem and SRS light stays on....

Old 06-19-2005, 06:31 PM
Fabes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P. window problem and SRS light stays on....

Ok heres the story...

My 96 hatch was stolen and the guys basically broke my steering column lock and bent these two tabs that holds the steering rod in place..

I was working on my car today trying to get it back together, I ended up pulling the whole steering unit out of my car to bend these two tabs back. Anyway got it all straightend out put it all back together, and when I went to start my car I noticed two problems right away...

1) My SRS light wont turn off....

2) My passenger side window wont roll down using either the control from my side of the car or the passengers side. ( I installed power windows awhile back and they worked fine for a long time till today )

*additional info*
My ignition is not in place at the time cause the bracket is broken so im trying JB weld to glue it back.

I unhooked alot of connectors, but plugged them all back in except the ones that go to the ignition switch itself.

Does anyone have any experiences with these problems or can help me out? Any help/advice would be appreciated and thank you ahead of time.

BTW awsome site, I am new to these forums and community, just wanted to say HI!
Old 06-19-2005, 10:27 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you turn the ignition on with the airbag unpluged? if so then you need the srs computer reset. if not check your horn if it doesn't work the ribbon cable may be damanged.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:34 PM
Fabes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah as a matter of fact I did test the ignition with airbags unplugged, how do I do the SRS reset? I will try that tomarrow.

Also anyone have a clue bout the power windows? Driver side works but passenger side went out. Never had this problem before.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:24 AM
monicle
Repo.Jackmoves.Com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is the passenger window lock switch activated on the drivers side? thats the only thing that would make sense other than someone pulling a fuse.