Notices

bolt on performance mods?

Old 06-14-2005, 02:46 PM
trigger man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bolt on performance mods?

Okay, bear with me here. I am clueless to car mods, I have been researching for a while now, but am still lost as in what direction to go in.

Here is the deal. I have a 2k3 civic ex coupe with automatic transmission (I know, but I am not the only one who has to drive it). There are no mods on it at all right now. What would an upgraded exhaust like the greddy evo and some sort of an air intake do for me? What air intakes should I look for, what are the major differences. I know I won't get huge performance gains, but realalistically what can I expect.

In the future I plan on lowering it as much as I can get by with. So now I am trying to decide if its worth it to go ahead an get any bolt on mods or not.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:54 PM
ED9man
driver

Expect around 10 hp from an intake, header, high flow cat (or test pipe ) and cat-back exhaust. You will notice it and the car will sound a little better too.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:28 PM
2gr84u
2gr84u

Originally Posted by trigger man
Okay, bear with me here. I am clueless to car mods, I have been researching for a while now, but am still lost as in what direction to go in.

Here is the deal. I have a 2k3 civic ex coupe with automatic transmission (I know, but I am not the only one who has to drive it). There are no mods on it at all right now. What would an upgraded exhaust like the greddy evo and some sort of an air intake do for me? What air intakes should I look for, what are the major differences. I know I won't get huge performance gains, but realalistically what can I expect.

In the future I plan on lowering it as much as I can get by with. So now I am trying to decide if its worth it to go ahead an get any bolt on mods or not.
you will notice a VERY slight addition to your butt dyno after i/h/e, but if your not the only whos driving this, is this only your car? I ask this, because the other owner/driver, if any may not be keen on the sound of an after market exhaust. Id be very carefull lowering a car thats not driven soley by you aswell, as the other driver may make mistakes at speed bumps or uneven areas of pavement and damage the car. Honestly with an automatic tranny its nearly pointless to add anything to the car in the persuit of power