Notices

Car Trouble--please Help.

Old 06-08-2005, 01:20 PM
allideka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Trouble--please Help.

I was driving yesterday (2001 honda civic, 70000 miles) and my car started putting a bit and the check engine light came on. I couldn't accelerate and pulled off the road. Before I stopped it felt like my power steering went out. Before it died completely the oil light came on and then the battery light. I tried starting it again and it came on and then immediately stalled. It wouldn't restart and I checked and saw the oil level was low. I put a quart of oil in it about 45 mins later and it made it home. I have recently had a new battery, so I know it isn't that. The check engine light is still on and it made it home with no problems, but that was only a mile away.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:44 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

Use the online resources sticky about checking the CEL find out the code and see what the code is for. So is it burning or leaking oil? Or has it just been a while since a change?
Old 06-09-2005, 06:14 PM
flatliner
Fix It

sounds like your engine stalled out and thats why the lights came on, you may thought it was running but the actual speed you were going was spinning the engine. ignition switch. if it does not feed the relay, it can fire up an injector code. at least in the old ones. Im at home and just shooting an idea, let me know what worked, thanks!
Old 06-10-2005, 06:04 PM
thehax0rcist

is it running or not? runnin horrible or good? if its running bad, maybe the timing belt skipped a tooth, check that out
Old 06-14-2005, 09:08 PM
allideka

i checked the engine light. it said it was an engine misfire. what could that be?
Old 06-15-2005, 10:15 AM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

Check your igintion. Rotor, cap, wires, plugs, injectors. Basically anything that could cause a misfire.