Notices

starting car, and when car is warm

Old 05-30-2005, 09:23 PM
mxl36o
1999 Accord 4 cyl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting car, and when car is warm

two things i noticed with my car

1) sometimes when i start my car, for about 3 seconds it does its normal thing (idling on 1.75 rpm) and the next second the rpm slowly chokes down to almost stalling, right before it stalls it bounces back up (almost looks like the computer is trying to figure out at what rpm will the car die at).... and then idles normal. this all occurs in less than 10 seconds
(this happens alot more in the summer months, especially if its been over 2 days since i've started my car)

2) when my car warms up after driving around and not gassing the pedal, the RPM becomes very low, just above the .5 rpm and idles there. If i was to gas it a little it might jump up and idle at .75 (seems as though this occurs more when its kinda hot outside, at cool nights it doesn't seem like its happening)
Old 05-30-2005, 09:29 PM
alphaxxn
4500rpm hesitation

Originally Posted by mxl36o
two things i noticed with my car

1) sometimes when i start my car, for about 3 seconds it does its normal thing (idling on 1.75 rpm) and the next second the rpm slowly chokes down to almost stalling, right before it stalls it bounces back up (almost looks like the computer is trying to figure out at what rpm will the car die at).... and then idles normal. this all occurs in less than 10 seconds
(this happens alot more in the summer months, especially if its been over 2 days since i've started my car)

2) when my car warms up after driving around and not gassing the pedal, the RPM becomes very low, just above the .5 rpm and idles there. If i was to gas it a little it might jump up and idle at .75 (seems as though this occurs more when its kinda hot outside, at cool nights it doesn't seem like its happening)

I am sorry but I don't get your unit of measurement, .75?

If its idling at 750, that's normal.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:41 PM
mxl36o
1999 Accord 4 cyl

Originally Posted by alphaxxn
I am sorry but I don't get your unit of measurement, .75?

If its idling at 750, that's normal.
i'll only idle at 750 if i tap the gas at neutral, but after having it in gear again and back in neutral it be right back at 550
Old 05-31-2005, 05:18 AM
bambbrose

it's just sitting in open loop. A lot of hondas idle around 500. You have to remember your gauge cluster isn't the most accurate one also.

I guess all I can say is clean your IACV, check your FITV, bleed the coolent, and check for vaccum leaks.