Notices

quick intake question

Old 05-19-2005, 03:24 PM
oscar_425
Got V-TEC??

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, yes, yes, and YES.... it can be a short ram intake too.. can't u guys just answer a simple question?? anyways Ebay CAI's or SRI's cost almost the same.... like $30
Old 05-19-2005, 03:38 PM
StreetRacingCRX
None

Use a AEM Bypass Valve for the cold air intake so it doesnt suck up water
Old 05-19-2005, 07:25 PM
dE.fUsEd
I still like honda's. :-/

Originally Posted by CivicSiRacer
The only way you can suck up water into your intake is if you submerge the filter. Which means you drove into a lake. Which means you shouldn't be driving a car.
exactly.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:52 PM
dicivicHB
...on Christ's Team...

from what i've heard the bypass valves only work if the tube is completely submerged in water...which will help...but you'll never(or at least should never) submerge your intake...but you can correct me if i'm wrong...also...is it possible to get water in the intake if the filter isn't submerged? or if it's just really rainy, and there's alot of water on the road and puddles everywhere...i mean...i've seen pics of guys who have hit huge puddles and got water in their engine with aftermark CAI's....i live outside philly...far in the sticks...close to Amish country...so if i had a CAI that'd be something i'd be worried about...also...there can't really be that much a difference performance wise between a CAI and a SRI...especially if its an Ebay jobby...just get a SRI and slap a K&N filter on it....that's just my 2cents...
Old 05-20-2005, 09:57 PM
StreetRacingCRX
None

It doesnt hurt to have one. Here is a link to a article from the creator of the aem bypass valve testing it on his NSX. http://sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0104scc_tested/
Old 05-20-2005, 11:51 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by dicivicHB
from what i've heard the bypass valves only work if the tube is completely submerged in water...which will help...but you'll never(or at least should never) submerge your intake...but you can correct me if i'm wrong...also...is it possible to get water in the intake if the filter isn't submerged? or if it's just really rainy, and there's alot of water on the road and puddles everywhere...i mean...i've seen pics of guys who have hit huge puddles and got water in their engine with aftermark CAI's....i live outside philly...far in the sticks...close to Amish country...so if i had a CAI that'd be something i'd be worried about...also...there can't really be that much a difference performance wise between a CAI and a SRI...especially if its an Ebay jobby...just get a SRI and slap a K&N filter on it....that's just my 2cents...
Bypass valves suck.

I know for a fact that better gains have been seen with SRI over CAI for the B-series motor. I don't know about yours but I assume the same.

Water can be sucked into a CAI whether it is submerged completely or not. Most of the little droplets and splashes that the filter sucks up are vaporized on their way into the engine by either the intake piping or the hot intake manifold.

Similar gains can be seen between an ebay filter on a stick and the overpriced AEM V2, so why shell out $150 more for the same amount of power?