Notices

Locks for storage compartments don't work

Old 05-18-2005, 01:50 PM
JasonHONDA
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locks for storage compartments don't work

Like the title states the locks for the storage compartments on my 1995 del sol don't work! it seems as if somethings jammed. You can put the key in but it doesn't turn at all. These would really come in handy if I could get them to work, if anybodys' had the same problem or a fix let me know. thanks
Old 05-18-2005, 02:15 PM
sleepin

Originally Posted by JasonHONDA
Like the title states the locks for the storage compartments on my 1995 del sol don't work! it seems as if somethings jammed. You can put the key in but it doesn't turn at all. These would really come in handy if I could get them to work, if anybodys' had the same problem or a fix let me know. thanks
I had the same problem with my trunk, back seat lock, and the little popper lock on the floor. I figured my problem was I only had the valet key. It took me a week to get into the trunk(busted out the popper lock).
Old 05-18-2005, 04:06 PM
dpkelly
1999 Civic Driver

I still have problems with my hatch on my '92. I tried spraying tons of penetrant/WD40 to no avail. There is no rust inside the lift gate. Most likely the little mechanisms inside the lock cylinder must have gotten dirt or something inside. I gave up.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:33 AM
JasonHONDA
Banned

LOl, thats not what i want to hear!! I'm pretty mechanically inclined i just haven't had any time to take a look at it yet...I shoulda done it when the center console was out to put my new cd player in! :duh:

Anyways i'm going to investigate this alittle more see if i can't find a solution to this. What would it mean if you have the valet key? i can open all the locks on the car except for the floor one for the trunk and the rear storage compartments...which makes me wonder...how can they both be bad??
Old 05-19-2005, 10:45 AM
sleepin

LOl, thats not what i want to hear!! I'm pretty mechanically inclined i just haven't had any time to take a look at it yet...I shoulda done it when the center console was out to put my new cd player in! :duh:

Anyways i'm going to investigate this alittle more see if i can't find a solution to this. What would it mean if you have the valet key? i can open all the locks on the car except for the floor one for the trunk and the rear storage compartments...which makes me wonder...how can they both be bad??
Valet key only works for ignition and doors.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:37 AM
JasonHONDA
Banned

mine works for the trunk though...? but not the floor lock for the trunk or the rear compartments.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:45 AM
sleepin

mine works for the trunk though...? but not the floor lock for the trunk or the rear compartments.
Wierd. I guess go to honda and have a new key cut from the production key and see if it works or not.