Notices

Project 4 Door!

Old 05-14-2005, 12:03 PM
biotic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project 4 Door!

Hey all,

I've been throwing around some idea's to upgrade my car. I just recently paid off my 1998 Honda Civic LX 4 door. I am considering making it rally worthy in the daily driver sense. What I mean is that I want to get her car show worthy. I have a few questions that I would like to throw at you.

(1) Suspension: What kind and how do I do it right? I want to make sure that I get everything I need to make the job a near perfect one. Coil overs, springs, shocks. What should I do to get the car handling great, and in the best way?

(2) Wheels and tires: What size and what brand? I am considering a 2 inch suspension drop so I will want to get some 16's. I think 17's are too heavy unless you can suggest a good set. I really like Nitto 450 Extreme tires. I will probably go with those. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

(3) Weight reduction: My car is already pretty light. I think she weighs about 2400 lbs give or take a few lbs. I was considering removing the rear seat and installing a couple of racing seats in the front. I think a carbon fiber hood is in the works too. Any suggestions here would be great...

(4) Engine: The most important thing besides suspension. I was considering a B18C1. Will this fit in my engine bay with the current engine mounts? Would I have a lot of trouble getting what I need to get the job done?

(5) Tranny: I am assuming you will suggest an LS tranny. I don't have a lot of experience with them. What kind of short shifter should I buy? I don't know much about them either.

(6) Body kit: This will more then likely come last. I am more concerned with performance and handling then looks. Any suggestions here would be nice.

(7) Sway bars: I guess this section is pretty cut and dry. Maybe Hotchkis?

(8) Paint: This is also one of the last things I will owrry about. But any suggestions on color? I kind of like a baby blue color I will try to find an example as soon as I can.

Thanks for taking the time to read. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and taken into consideration. Have a great weekend!!

Biotic

98 LX "fowdow"
D16y7 will be removed soon as I get the $$...
Old 05-14-2005, 03:36 PM
AliasNeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

uhh the only thing i'll comment on is the engine part, the b series motor wont fit with stock mounts because the engine you have is a d series motor in them... d series and bseries parts are not interchangable if i understand correct so youl need b series motor mounts? im not too sure what car you could get them off of but im sure someone with more knolage(sp?) will comment more on this and other thing