Notices

Del Sol (CRX) Gear Problem.

Old 05-10-2005, 03:59 AM
jonsman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Del Sol (CRX) Manual Gear Problem.

Just posting to see if anyone can help me with this problem I have with my '94 UK CRX (Del Sol)

The gear box is getting harder to change gear. It is OK at lower speeds. However, when you are going faster it is really hard to change up i.e.. second to third. When you finally make the gear it makes a nice grinding noise as though you have not got the gear correctly. The clutch seems OK and is not slipping; the bite point is also the same as it has always been. I was thinking it could either be one of three things: The clutch going, the gear linkage out of adjustment or the gear selectors on the way out.

If anyone has had a similar problem and sorted I would be happy to hear what you did to fix it, plus any Ideas etc.

Cheers.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:11 AM
CivicRacr

sounds like bad syncros, i had the same problem before, where changing from 2nd to 3rd, sometimes it was hard to get in and sometimes it would crunch pretty hard, espcially at high rpms. only way to fix that is to rebuild the tranny or find another "new" used one. the latter will be the cheaper way to go.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:59 AM
jonsman

Cheers Man.