Notices

brakes

Old 08-28-2002, 05:46 PM
huviduc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brakes

i have a prob with my steering wheel wobling when i hit the brakes, i just recently replaced the front rotors and pads with brembo rotors and pads. it didnt help any and it is still getting worse. could it be the back drum brakes or did i get screwed and get ****ed up rotors. any suggestions please.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:03 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm... did you use Brembo pads? From my friends experience, the Brembo pads are not that great. Their rotors are VERY good though. Here's some of what he had to say. Its has something to do with the pads not bedded into the rotors equally causeing a friction spot so when your rotors spin, it grabs alittle more at that one (or mulitple) spot(s) thus causing the vibration feeling. The pads that the brembo's came with sucks. Dusty as hell and guess it's too soft. He tried something more "metallic/rough" that maybe would wipe off the old pads bedded on the rotor and solve the vibration problem. He used TMS Cool Willies Race pads, used by Rogue Engineering. At first, the vibration got worse (because the pads grabbed so much more) but the more he drove the car, the less the steering vibrated. It got to the point where his brakes are 100% vibration free and the race pads stops 10X better than the stock brembo pads (but noisy as hell!!!) After about 3 weeks of driving on the race pads, he installed a set of Hawk street pads (no more dust and no noise) and brakes are as good as new.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 08-28-2002, 07:47 PM
huviduc

if i just go straight to the hawk street pads, will that fix it after awhile, or will i need to go thorugh both to fix it.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:59 PM
taz77

check the disc rotor's parallelism...
check the steering parts as well.
Old 08-29-2002, 03:03 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Is the shaking coming through the steering wheel or from the seat of your pants? If it's the steering wheel then its the front brakes, if it's your seat than it's mostlikely the rears.

Another thing could be bad wear on your front tires. Is there cupping or feathering of your tires?
Old 08-30-2002, 06:11 AM
huviduc

it couldnt be my tires because i just switched them and it still shakes in the steerig wheel when i brake, mainly going down hills. and i just replaces the front rotors and pads with brembo stuff.
Old 08-30-2002, 07:06 AM
jgrotkier
AIM SN: Johann14420

What kind of Brembo rotors are they? I got some cross drilled/slotted Brembo's for my GSR and they were fine for a little while, then they started vibrating like a mofo, and I've read about that happenening to other people also.
Old 08-30-2002, 07:55 AM
huviduc

i got the brembo slotted rotors and brake pads. when i got my car inspected the wouldnt pass me because my rotors were warped, and my steering wheel shoock then, so i got new rotors and pads, didnt really change abit. but now its getting worse and its pissing me off. it seemed as if the cheap ones i had were better the the $250 brembo rotors. it kinda sucks
Old 08-30-2002, 07:58 AM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

did you get those new tires balanced correctly? if you got brand new brakes and youve been under easy driving id take that wheel set in for a balance.
Old 08-30-2002, 08:03 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by huviduc
i got the brembo slotted rotors and brake pads. when i got my car inspected the wouldnt pass me because my rotors were warped, and my steering wheel shoock then, so i got new rotors and pads, didnt really change abit. but now its getting worse and its pissing me off. it seemed as if the cheap ones i had were better the the $250 brembo rotors. it kinda sucks
Like I said, I don't think it's the rotors, or if it is, it might be because you didn't break them in right.

You paid $250 for Brembo rotors? From where?
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Quick Reply: brakes