Notices

`05 Civic Special Edition Stereo (hard to find, I'm sure)...

Old 04-26-2005, 01:51 PM
LoneWolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I already have one of those.

My philosophy on audio is pretty simple. I want to be able to hear well within the confines of the car, without going deaf, or trying to make sure people hear me coming from several blocks away. I believe that good music includes balanced amounts of treble, midrange, and bass, as opposed to 90% of the third and 0-10% of the first two. Since the Civic isn't nearly as noisy as my Integra GS-R was, I'm quite sure I can do that with four good quality 6.5" speakers and a deck that does 20-25w x4ch RMS. Don't need an amp, don't need a subwoofer. Do need MP3 playback. I have a deck I can install that would match all of this, but the thought of a six-disc MP3 capable player was pretty neat. I can store 150 songs (approximately) on one MP3 disc...150x6 would be pretty nice, and burning CD's is easy and cheap. It would also boost the long-term resale value of the car, and the picture appeared to have an aux. input too, great for something like an iPod. If I can't find this unit reasonably, oh well, but I figured I'd at least take a look before sticking my Kenwood in along with four Infinity Reference 6.5"'s I also have from my previous setup.