Notices

99 CIVIC SIR - Broken sway bar DONT TAKE TURNS!!!

Old 03-31-2005, 07:59 PM
SIR-MARKLOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 CIVIC SIR - Broken sway bar DONT TAKE TURNS!!!

first of id like to thank you for your time and opinion on this matter but i have a 99 civic SiR, yes im canadian, the car performes like no other simple coupe for an 18 year old to have. the only problem is that i have a broken sway bar when i figured out i couldnt take a 90 turn going 80km/h, which is a bout 50/55 mph...i think... and with out that sway bar i almost fliped my car and spun out of control like crazy (intense). now my question is WHAT should i replace that peice of shit sway bar with???? Stock or aftermarket.. and any tips on installation i dutn wanna spin out again going 80 on a turn....plz no hate/negative replys... unless its funny.thx[/FONT]
Old 03-31-2005, 08:09 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just get an aftermarket one or even OEM ITR.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:28 PM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

What the **** are you smoking? First of all I would like to know how you broke it. Second of all I'd like to know how you think not having a 13mm (small ass bar) is going to make you almost flip your car.

I replaced mine with an ITR bar and put on a reinforcement kit.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:19 PM
RallyXI

Did you break the actual swaybar or the endlinks? If it is the swaybar that is is quite an accomplishment.

But I would put Suspension Techniques Front and Rears on your car as an upgrade. I have them on my 92 Civic Si hatch; an incredible upgrade. 1 inch in the front and .75 in the rear. Plus they are only 225$ US shipped from JEGS.
Good luck
Old 04-01-2005, 09:43 PM
SIR-MARKLOS

its the link thats busted the bar poped out of place... and i almost fliped cuz i about ran into a curb which could of not been nice .... and i dont actually know how it got broken... it just was when i got an oil change...
Old 04-01-2005, 11:34 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Perhaps you shouldn't drive like a dumbass 'speedracer' teenager and you won't have these problems. With or without a swaybar, you shouldn't even be close to running into a curb.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:02 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by Kai
Perhaps you shouldn't drive like a dumbass 'speedracer' teenager and you won't have these problems. With or without a swaybar, you shouldn't even be close to running into a curb.
I was about to say the same thing

Even without a bar a car still should drive normally as long as you don't drive like an ass.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:44 AM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

If you live in Canadia, take it to a track, and depending on where in (canadia) you live, come down to WA and take it to SIR. Dont be stupid and drive your car the way you do, trust me, I know, its fun, untill you run over some kid or get in an accident.

If you know how to drive, then your shit should not break. The only way I can think of how you broke it was if you slid into a curb, or just cranked the wheel all the way over while going too fast....

This car is by all means not a race car.... You can turn it into one by moding it all to hell... But a (STOCK) SiR is still not a race car... It may perform above all the other Civics, but its still not a race car.

KEEP IT ON THE TRACK *******.

I cant wait to see you on the side of the road with a mounty behind you (scewing you over).. HAHA (Eh).

Last edited by CivicSiRacer; 04-02-2005 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:48 AM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

I'm so glad there's an international border separating you and me.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:09 AM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

Jebus, you guys are harsh haha.