Notices

Tokiko Shocks

Old 03-28-2005, 12:29 PM
JesterMasque
ETERNAL GRINNING ^

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tokiko Shocks

I got an 02 EX dropped with Eibach Sportlines just about 2"+. Someone rec. Tokiko's to a guy with an 03 with the same springs, but didn't specify which ones (the Blue's or the D-Spec's). I don't plan on SERIOUSLY dragging this car out, but I want a nicer ride but also performance for if I ever do need it. I mean, the Sportlines already do a hell of alot compared to stock, but I know that it could be alot better with the aftermarket shocks. Also, how much should I pay for either the Blue's or the D-Spec's? I don't want to get ripped off... Thanks!
Old 03-29-2005, 01:13 PM
94civicEX
I got worms.

It is reccomended that you upgrade your shocks when you get lowering springs. The Blues are pretty much a stock replacement. As for price, look around: www.robearracing.com, www.coximport.com, www.groupbuycenter.com.

duck squad member #00003
Old 03-30-2005, 04:06 PM
JesterMasque
ETERNAL GRINNING ^

Thanks! My other question is about the installation. My dad, who is a HD truck mechanic, said that the shocks are actually your alignment and that it would need to be reset after installation. Also, anyone with the D-Specs: where does the dial go? Are these shocks just bolt on and camber set or do you have to run extra stuff for the shock/rebound adjustment. Thanks everyone!
Old 03-30-2005, 04:42 PM
vtecnoobnc
Banned

get illuminas simple and plain..no need for elaboration,they are the shit...keep em on 4 or 5.adjust them from under the hood in 10 sconds,rear in trunk may take a min extra.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:51 PM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

I have yet to find an adjustable shock that is hard to adjust... I dont think that is what he is worried about.

You will prob. need an alignment after the install, (depending on how low you go).
I would highly recomend adjustable struts when lowering your car. I have driven a civic, with and without, and will never lower my car without replacing the struts with adjustablez. Its a great feeling with nice struts, and a crappy feeing without them.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:03 PM
vtecnoobnc
Banned

Originally Posted by racerdave
I have yet to find an adjustable shock that is hard to adjust... I dont think that is what he is worried about.

You will prob. need an alignment after the install, (depending on how low you go).
I would highly recomend adjustable struts when lowering your car. I have driven a civic, with and without, and will never lower my car without replacing the struts with adjustablez. Its a great feeling with nice struts, and a crappy feeing without them.
if you read everything he said you would notice that asked where the dial is....so i explained and added a little extra.duh!