Notices

code 22

Old 03-24-2005, 03:51 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default code 22

Yup, my vtec oil pressure switch code is flashing. Oil level is fine, wires appear to all be connected fine. Is there anything short of replacing the switch that I can do here?

On a frustrating side note, I had a p28 chipped with a stock p30 program that would not throw a code, it would just leave the CEL on. I bought a p30 and checked the CEL saw it was a 22, then rechecked the old p28, and all of the sudden the p28 was willing to throw a code at me. So I may have unnecisarily bought a p30
Old 03-24-2005, 08:13 PM
Relic1
Teal Hatch Cult Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after you get this fixed, if you want to get rid of the P30 let me know. I'm looking for one.

first make sure that the ECU is reading this right.
ground the pressure switch line to the ECU. (C6)

this will make the ECU think that the switch is closed and the CEL should be off (after resetting the ECU) and everything will work fine.

Next remove the ground and place a multi meter on the wire with the key in run but the engine not running. There should be 12volts on the wire.

next take the meter and make sure that the black wire coming from the switch is actually ground. Then make sure that there is a solid connection between the wire at the ECU and the wire are the switch. If all those things check out, replace the switch.

the switch is located on the engine, next to the distributor plug.
I’d be checking for bad connections personally.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:27 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the suggestions. The ground is definitely solid, I'll double check the voltage on the other wires.