Notices

IS my head cracked.

Old 03-19-2005, 04:21 PM
pdperski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS my head cracked.

Hey if my headgasket or engine block is cracked and im loosing coolant, then there will be water in my oil right, and the exhaust would be seeping coolant? Im leaking coolant near the area of the alternator. Its a 95 civicEX anyone one what might be leaking. My radiator blew and the car overheated. I dropped and new radiator in it but it still overheats. And when running the car leaks coolant right near the alternator on the driver side of the engine. Water pump maybe??????? someone help i need my car fixed and i dont have the loot for a new engine
Old 03-19-2005, 04:22 PM
pdperski

also i dont have water in my oil nor is the check engine light on or coolant in the exhaust. What is leaking.????
Old 03-19-2005, 05:15 PM
honda guy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

might be water pump. There is a weep hole in the back of the pump. You can see it from the back of the motor. The head usually won't crack when it overheats it usually warps. The really only way for it to crack is if the water in the head freezes.

Last edited by honda guy; 03-19-2005 at 05:16 PM. Reason: additions
Old 03-20-2005, 08:32 AM
Moso

you could try to die the coolant and use a uv light to track down the source of the leak you should be able to get a kit from your local parts store just remember it works best in the dark, but ^^ he's probably right in the assumption that its your water pump at least thats what i would be looking at.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:23 AM
Jafro
I'm made of meat!

It's a tight fit back there, but you just have to keep looking for it until you find it. It's probably the water pump. If it's leaking more towards the intake manifold, you could have a problem with the water pipe or the O-rings on it. Either way, the pump has to be removed if that's it... so if it's the water pump, might as well put a new one on, and a new timing belt while you're in there. The parts are cheap.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:55 PM
pdperski

Thanx alot guys, i got some of that die and used my little blacklight. Its coming from the water pump and i got a new water pump and timing belt for 60bux. Now i just gotta figure out how to do it.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:18 PM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

Originally Posted by pdperski
Thanx alot guys, i got some of that die and used my little blacklight. Its coming from the water pump and i got a new water pump and timing belt for 60bux. Now i just gotta figure out how to do it.
heres a write up on a timing belt change it for a GSR but it shows you the basics on how its done
http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/timingbelt/tbelt.php
Good Luck