Notices

My civic is over heating.

Old 03-19-2005, 12:40 PM
pdperski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My civic is over heating.

Ok i have a question. My 95 Civic EX is leaking cooling. It drips coolant on the driver side near the alternator. Is this my water pump leaking, cracked head. I dont think the head is cracked cause theres no sign of water in my oil and the engine runs fine. It just overheats on my ass and its pissing me off cause i just got the car and i wanna do some stuff to the 1.6l VTEC. Please help me.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:47 PM
'93TurboD
5-finger discount :rick:

could be the coolant tube seals, water pump or maybe intake manifold. I'd pressure test the system and look/listen for your leak. You can get a coolant pressure tester from any auto parts/tool store just take your rad cap with you so you can get the right size adapter for your rad. Then plug in the tester to your rad and pump up the system. The max pressure should be on your rad cap. DON'T exceed the pressure on your rad cap (15-17 psi i think). Get a light and look for drips, bubbles or hear a hissing sound. The gauge will show a drop in pressure. Where ever it's leaking from is your problem.
A coolant pressure tester will run about 40-60$
Old 03-19-2005, 12:54 PM
pdperski

But its not the headgasket or cracked head right. Cause theres no water in the oil and the engine runs good. Im just praying its not that, i really dont have the money for that.