Notices

n/a or turbo

Old 03-10-2005, 08:51 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raiden571
b20's guts are weak, there rods are shitty and im pretty sure the pistons blow ass, not to mention the CR is very low.
:eh:Ummm.... the b20 rods and crank are absolutely identical to LS, and the pistons are of the same material and cast in the same process.

The reason the b20 can't handle much in the way of cylinder pressure is because of its thin sleeves.

They make b20's in both 8.8 compression and 9.6, BTW.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:03 AM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

he must be talking about the b20s in the older preludes, they're the ones with the dinky rods.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:21 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

those don't swap into civics :thinking:
Old 03-10-2005, 12:21 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

i know this.....man!! and i heard they werent even considered a b-series engine. something about the block or the head that was cast differently.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:45 PM
etrnlderek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

find a clean LS motor with good compression numbers and turbo it. Some what cheap solution
Old 03-10-2005, 03:26 PM
ikarus

ok b18b it is. boOst comes lata. hope the LS will hold me off until i can get boOsted ;\ i need speed fellas. u know wut it is like when the old lady next to u drives off the line and u have to rev out like 7 out of ur 5 gears just to catch up... it sucks man

D series blows thats a fact!!! Why does honda even bother using em?
Old 03-10-2005, 04:30 PM
delsoldude

Yeah, I had a 91 Teggy LS. I miss it It got great MPG and was pretty quick too
Old 03-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by ikarus

thats absolutly NOT true!!!

& honda uses them because they are fuel efficent! they aren't building the civic to be a race car! they are building it to be a daily driver for the people that don't want to have to take a loan out to go to the gas pump!
Old 03-10-2005, 06:44 PM
2gr84u
2gr84u

ok b18b it is. boOst comes lata. hope the LS will hold me off until i can get boOsted ;\ i need speed fellas. u know wut it is like when the old lady next to u drives off the line and u have to rev out like 7 out of ur 5 gears just to catch up... it sucks man

this statement concerns me. Why do you need to drive so hard to pass an old lady? Even if this was just a for instance statement you made, it speaks volumes. Real life driving isnt a need for speed game, not every one is trying to race, or even get some where fast. You dont NEED speed, you WANT speed, and i suspect for all the wrong reasons, you should make sure you capable of handling a car with power or else your gonna kill your self, someone else, or just end up supporting a stereotype thats making this scene difficult on those who arnt driving hard to pass old ladies
and D series dont suck, there good at what there made to do and can be made good for what they are
Old 03-10-2005, 07:14 PM
stratguitarist
Missing my honda...

i gotta say i agree with david(2gr84u) above. AN OLD LADY IS NOT TRYING TO RACE YOU! IT DOESNT MATTER IF SHE PASSES YOU BECAUSE YOUR THE ONLY ONE THAT CARES! i used to speed everywhere i went but then i got pulled over and that all stopped for the most part...im not saying that i dont get "the urge" to floor it if no one is around but i dont do it constantly. and also dude your just wearin out your engine faster. i especially agree with adding a stereotype to the "import scene". i hate when i get pulled over cause there like up hes got an exhaust, and people doing stupid stuff just adds to the reason for them to pull me over. bottom line keep the racing on the track and dont add to our stereotype.