Notices

Oil pressure and vacuum gauge help!

Old 03-08-2005, 07:19 PM
Deadmanwalking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pressure and vacuum gauge help!

Hey I just got a new oil pressure gauge and can't find out where the oil sender is at. All I need to do is install that thing and I'm good to go. As for the vacuum guage, I don't know where this 3 pointy star looking thing suppose to go, I can't even find out where the intake manifold is at. Please help!!! Oh yeah, by the way. My car is a 04 civic vp, so the D17A1 engines may be a little different.

Last edited by Deadmanwalking; 03-08-2005 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Adding
Old 03-08-2005, 09:03 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

The oil pressure sensor is on the back of the block beneath the intake manifold. You have to tap the block to install the oil pressure sensor that came with your guage. You can either buy Greddy's oil filter sandwich or you can tap it with brass fittings. You cannot use the stock oil pressure sender as it only tells if the oil pressure is high or low, not the exact amount.

As for the vacuum guage, you need to tap the vacuum line going to the fuel pressure regulator. Just cut it and then put the tap in there.

Search next time since I have covered this topic over 4 times this week. Good luck.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:23 AM
monicle
Repo.Jackmoves.Com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow... if you dont even know where the intake manifold is you have no business under the hood of your car. take it to a pro.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:51 AM
PDiggityDogg
Meanwhile, up in The D

You dont need to tap for oil, and you dont need a sandwich adapter for just pressure.

OR
http://www.theoldone.com/articles/oilpressure/

But yes, if you cant even find your intake manifold, you have no reason messing around under there.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by PDiggityDogg
You dont need to tap for oil, and you dont need a sandwich adapter for just pressure.

OR
http://www.theoldone.com/articles/oilpressure/

But yes, if you cant even find your intake manifold, you have no reason messing around under there.
You will need to tap for oil unless you want the oil pressure idiot light to be on indefinitely. Unless you care, just pull the stock sender off and replace with the aftermarket one.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:28 PM
alphaxxn
4500rpm hesitation

Originally Posted by Shmoo
You will need to tap for oil unless you want the oil pressure idiot light to be on indefinitely. Unless you care, just pull the stock sender off and replace with the aftermarket one.
Not nesc, you can always tee off of the idiot light and have the idiot light on one port and the oil pressure sensor line off the other running to the gauge.

Although this isnt recommend typically, because if something breaks then you lose oilpressure = bad.

EDIT: Excuse me, im an idiot, didnt check out the attached diagram above.

The one of the smarter version with a line running to the tee to accodate for engine torque.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:31 PM
PDiggityDogg
Meanwhile, up in The D

Originally Posted by Shmoo
See the oe sensor on the T? It's not going to kick on...
Old 03-09-2005, 10:13 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by PDiggityDogg
See the oe sensor on the T? It's not going to kick on...
Didn't see that...h:. That is how I have it hooked up. That is what I would consider tapping the oil supply. You can either do it at the oil filter or the oil pressure sensor but it is just a matter of semantics at this point.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:23 AM
ManTiS
NinJA

actually, you don't need the idiot light hooked up, because i never did. I had the oil pressure gauge which is more than sufficient.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by ManTiS
actually, you don't need the idiot light hooked up, because i never did. I had the oil pressure gauge which is more than sufficient.
True, but if you are OCD like I am, that light will bug the crap out of you. I figure if I am going to hook the guage up, I will do it right the first time and keep the idiot light functional.