Notices

stainless steel muffler question

Old 03-01-2005, 12:22 AM
shaun1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stainless steel muffler question

hey guys, i am gonna buy a stainless steel muffler. mjy car already has a 2.5" pipe underneathe..a guy from a performance exhaust shop said not to get a stainless steel muffler which has fibre glass in it. i dont know why. i dont want to spend alot on a muffler. i dont need a well known branded exhaust. i just want some thing that sound nice but not loud. he said the mufflers that are adjustables are the one with fibre glass. he sells those mufflers but recommend this. the brand is not world wide known. im from australia. he has a civic like mine with it and it sound nice as. but he didnt have it to show me.

can any one give me feed back. the exhaust doesnt have a silencer cause he said u dont need one with this muffler.

my friend said that if the hole inside is big, then its gonna be loud, but the smaller the hole, the quieter.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:28 AM
gingas

Stainless steel is the way to go especially if you live in a cold weather climate, which can have rust problems. Stainless steel won't rust.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Jafro
I'm made of meat!

Originally Posted by gingas
Stainless steel is the way to go especially if you live in a cold weather climate, which can have rust problems. Stainless steel won't rust.
SS is just 3x as heavy as other materials.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:51 AM
pomansouth

Originally Posted by Jafro
SS is just 3x as heavy as other materials.
:stupid:
but i have a ss muffler anyways.... h:
Old 03-02-2005, 12:41 PM
Jafro
I'm made of meat!

Originally Posted by pomansouth
:stupid:
but i have a ss muffler anyways.... h:
I know!!! Me, too!!! :loco:
Old 03-03-2005, 10:17 AM
LowSky

a regular oval muffler is kind of like a maze inside for the exuast gas

where as an round cylider type muffler noormally lets the exuast go straight through

fiberglass is used for sound dampaning between the two layers in most mufflers as it not flammable

SS is best for most cars as most exuast system do tend to rusy a little anyway (because of the traces of water that leave throught the exuast system)

and all tin can looking exuast are loud and can be annoying during long drives and stop and go traffic to you and other motorist i say go with something like the magnaflow of APEXi W2
Old 03-04-2005, 03:24 AM
shaun1982

i just got a stainless steel muffller put in, i already have a 2.5inch exhaust. my car is a civic 5th gen. vti.

my prob is its way too loud. its annoying. its deep exhaust note but its annoying.

the muffler never came with a silencer. and i dont think its made for one.
my cousin said he got another small muffler underneath his car to lower the sound. can i do that to mine. when i look underneath the car, i can see the catalyctic converter, and after the cat, is a nother object. it is kinda the same shape. its between the exhaust and the cat.

my cousin said he has 2 small mufflers, can i get one for me. and if i do get another one, i dont want to lose the deep exhaust note, and i love the way the car starts and turns off, and idle sound, but when accelerating, it loud ass.

can any one help me with this.

thanks
Old 03-04-2005, 04:01 AM
shaun1982

i think my exhaust resonator is stock. is it better to replace it with a much better one, or just add another one
Old 03-04-2005, 05:37 PM
Techy EG6
mmMmm Honda..mmMm

go with the ES Tuning Oval Muffler since u already got a 2.5 inch piping and u got a resonator. i got the 2.5 in one and i been inlove wit it since i got it installed to my 2.5 piping.