Notices

Omnipower full coilovers

Old 02-23-2005, 10:01 AM
00CivicSleeper
Just Beginning...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Omnipower full coilovers

hey,

before i buy these, whats the procedure for lowering? ive never messed with suspension products before. does the car need to be on jack stands in order to lower it, or can i lower it while the car is on the ground? im afraid if i lower it about 1.75in, i wont be able to get it aligned at a shop cause it wont clear the ramp. if i install them, keep it stock height, get it aligned, then lower it, will that affect the alignment? thank you
Old 02-23-2005, 01:46 PM
'93TurboD
5-finger discount :rick:

Originally Posted by 00CivicSleeper
hey,

before i buy these, whats the procedure for lowering? ive never messed with suspension products before. does the car need to be on jack stands in order to lower it, or can i lower it while the car is on the ground? im afraid if i lower it about 1.75in, i wont be able to get it aligned at a shop cause it wont clear the ramp. if i install them, keep it stock height, get it aligned, then lower it, will that affect the alignment? thank you
Lowering your car will affect the alignment. any good alignment shop can get your car on the rack with a little patience and some 2x4's. Lowering your car doesn't affect toe all that much just camber. To correct camber you will need a kit as it is not adjustable on most hondas.

>>Check the Auto-X forum sticky for other, more advanced, suspention setup
--Good luck
Old 02-23-2005, 04:09 PM
00CivicSleeper
Just Beginning...

if i drop my car about 1.75", will i need a camber kit?
Old 02-23-2005, 09:34 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by 00CivicSleeper
if i drop my car about 1.75", will i need a camber kit?
Why don't you do it and take it to an alignment shop? If they say you need one, you get one. If not, you are lucky. You will most likely need one, so if you have the money, save the hassle and install them when everything is already taken apart.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:36 PM
JL95AccorD

Read about camber kits, some types you will need to get done at a shop (balljoints need to be pressed in) You will definately need the camber kit with that much drop. Do research on this forum. There's also a very cheap trick that will work to adjust the rear camber. And you will have to get it aligned after the drop. and no you cant align, and then drop. After you install the coilovers, and camber kits, and get it aligned, after a while everything will break in and the car will lower more, so you will want to raise it back to were it was when it got aligned, or re-align it if you want to keep the new height and it is a noticable difference. Or maybe you can have the shop compensate for that and make the camber a fraction positive, so when it settles, it will be almost perfect. Basically... do research in HAN.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:37 PM
JL95AccorD

Basic rule of thumb... anytime you alter something that has to do with suspension... get an alignment.