Notices

exhaust rattle

Old 02-22-2005, 07:58 PM
joeyjc2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust rattle

i was wondering if anyone here has any problems with an exhaust rattle in the 00 civic si. i have aftermarket from the headers back so its not a factory thing, but was wondering if anyone else has had any problems. i think it is bewteen the header and the cat but not sure. any help would be appreciated. thank u
Old 02-22-2005, 09:40 PM
seanwich

Default same thing...

My 2000 EX coupe has had a strange rattle for the last few years. It goes aways after the car warms up. I've poked and prodded under the car and it seems to be coming from around the Cat Converter (which happens to be the only stock part of my exhaust). It's done it with all stock parts, just the exhaust, exhaust and header, no matter what. My friend bought a 99 EX coupe (completely stock) and her car does the same thing. I guess its one of this generation coupe's quirks. It has driven me crazy until I just learned to ignore it.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:19 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

I had the same rattle when warming after I installed my Greddy exhaust. It turned out that the metal part going into the hanger at the end of the exhaust was rubbing on the metal tab holding the hanger up. I cut a part of it off with my reciprocating saw and it went away. It came back after installing the turbo kit, though. The downpipe pushed the whole exhaust system back, so I had to cut another chunk off and again, it went away. Check that first.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:25 PM
joeyjc2002

thanx for the help. i will try the hanger thing then get back to u. it will be a while i am away at for school for a couple of weeks. thanx again
Old 02-27-2005, 08:58 PM
kameone
i don't know

I had that problem in my 92 civic and it turned out to be the heat shield between the cat and the car, it is thin metal. I don't know if that shield is on your car or not.