Notices

Running axle without dynamic damper Q..

Old 03-05-2006, 11:52 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xpman
Hey Schmoo, what kinda horses are you runnin'? That might make a difference. My Rex only has a JDM b16a at 160ish.
March 11th, I'll find out for sure, but I am hoping for around 250-280 whp depending on how much boost I want to run.

It really isn't relevant, though, because I don't launch it and I was blowing out CV joints when I had basic bolt-ons. Also, ride height has an impact on those joints too, but I am only lowered 1.75"F and 1.5"R.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:12 AM
schuylkill

Default differential

I have a tap tap type of rattle when I accelerate and I think it is from the axles being loose where they fit into the tranny. Is this possibly a differential problem? How can this be diagnosed with certainty? I have no major clunks yet but the noise is really bothering me, I want to know what it is??????
I have one axle from Auto Zone and they recently changed suppliers and this one looks much nicer thatn a previous one I purchased which was definitely junk and blewout grease from the outer boot almost immediately.

Last edited by schuylkill; 03-07-2006 at 06:15 AM.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:09 AM
m735is

In the time since I posted this, I've had no problems with this axle and since it's about a year old, I've put about 35-40,000 miles on it.

I too have a tapping sound, usually when cold and more prominant when turning left. My sound started after I was forced to go through a huge amount of standing water. I thought the throw out bearing was the culprit, so I changed out the clutch. Somewhat quieter, but still present. Even the fresh tranny oil didn't help. Since I can't figure where this noise is coming from and I don't have any "performance" issues (stock everything), I'm just driving it till whatever is making the sound finally breaks.

I have purchased about 6-8 CV's from Autozone for three different Civics, I've only had a problem with one. And that's because it was labeled incorrectly (too short).