Notices

Removing a spoiler...

Old 01-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Pimpin_Colin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing a spoiler...

Alright... so I have a Wings West Commando Spoiler that I added on to my '00 Civic Si.... and I really want to take it off and give it a more stock look. The problem is that if I take it off won't there be drill holes in my trunk? Would I have to go to a body shop to fix this or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:48 PM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

there will be holes but if you get a stock one you might get lucky and will line up with the holes already there
Old 01-13-2005, 06:07 PM
civic_96

Default selling that spolier?

sup man!...u gonna be sellin;' that spolier??
Old 01-13-2005, 06:10 PM
JspekITR

Originally Posted by Pimpin_Colin
Alright... so I have a Wings West Commando Spoiler that I added on to my '00 Civic Si.... and I really want to take it off and give it a more stock look. The problem is that if I take it off won't there be drill holes in my trunk? Would I have to go to a body shop to fix this or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance.

I would recommend once you get the spoiler off go down to hawley's paint (or any paint store) and get some 3M take, double sided, take a peiece of it and fill in the holes and thru some red tape over it just the holes(if you can find some that matches your car color or close) and call it a day tell you can afford to get the holes filled in. !
Old 01-13-2005, 06:15 PM
Pimpin_Colin

Originally Posted by civic_96
sup man!...u gonna be sellin;' that spolier??
Yeah man... if I decide to take it off... I will be....

It's black though, so that might conflict with your color scheme.
If you want I can let you know what happens. I will be deciding in the next few weeks.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:17 PM
Pimpin_Colin

Originally Posted by JspekITR
I would recommend once you get the spoiler off go down to hawley's paint (or any paint store) and get some 3M take, double sided, take a peiece of it and fill in the holes and thru some red tape over it just the holes(if you can find some that matches your car color or close) and call it a day tell you can afford to get the holes filled in. !
Thanks for the info. Does anyone have a rough estimate on how much it actually is to fill the holes and possibly paint that small area? Has anyone done that with good results?
Old 01-13-2005, 06:22 PM
onebadassdx

i had the same wing...took it off cause i couldn't see crap outta my back window. mine had 7 holes. try to find someone that'll do a trunk trade with cash. i believe thats a 300 wing.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:27 PM
Pimpin_Colin

Originally Posted by onebadassdx
i had the same wing...took it off cause i couldn't see crap outta my back window. mine had 7 holes. try to find someone that'll do a trunk trade with cash. i believe thats a 300 wing.
Hmmmmm..... I think it might be easier just to fill the holes and sell the spoiler. I don't know anyone in the area with a black Si... Could I use any trunk from a black '96-00 Civic?
Old 01-14-2005, 05:21 AM
onebadassdx

yea, any trunk from a 96-00 coupe would fit. make sure its off an ex or si so that the piece where the licence plate goes is painted as well
Old 01-14-2005, 07:06 AM
CivicRacr

Originally Posted by onebadassdx
yea, any trunk from a 96-00 coupe would fit. make sure its off an ex or si so that the piece where the licence plate goes is painted as well
the unpainted trim piece can be swapped out as well