Notices

Gauge Swap Question DX to EX

Old 01-11-2005, 06:28 AM
YoshiCivic
Cuban Pimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge Swap Question DX to EX

Hey Everyone, Im new to Honda-Acura Net and I just wanted to tell you all I have been visiting it a thousand times in the past couple days and I thought it looked like a great site so I had to join .. But newayz I just wanted to know If any of you knew if I could put an OEM 92-95 EX Gauge Cluster into my 1994 DX Civic... I know the EX has a tachometer which is the main reason I want it, but is there anything I have to buy or does my car already have a plug to go into the tachometer and the other gauges and stuff on there ...
Old 01-11-2005, 06:34 AM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

plug and play probebly one of the easiest "swaps"
Old 01-11-2005, 06:38 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by YoshiCivic
Hey Everyone, Im new to Honda-Acura Net and I just wanted to tell you all I have been visiting it a thousand times in the past couple days and I thought it looked like a great site so I had to join .. But newayz I just wanted to know If any of you knew if I could put an OEM 92-95 EX Gauge Cluster into my 1994 DX Civic... I know the EX has a tachometer which is the main reason I want it, but is there anything I have to buy or does my car already have a plug to go into the tachometer and the other gauges and stuff on there ...
Yes, it will plug right in without any modification. Search for these types of things too, in the future. It's probably one of the most frequently asked questions..

welcome to HAN :wavey:
Old 01-11-2005, 08:11 AM
Jafro
I'm made of meat!

Originally Posted by JoePannone
plug and play probebly one of the easiest "swaps"
...and one of the best! :thumbup: I love mine. The Honda OEM tach is a much easier and cleaner-looking install than the uber-ghetto monster tachs that many people resort to. Much cheaper, too. I got mine for $12 at a u-pull-it junkyard.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:41 AM
lkailburn
college kid

damn get me one 12 bux plz lol
Old 01-11-2005, 01:28 PM
YoshiCivic
Cuban Pimp

ok so I kno I can get the gauge, so it will go in easy and my dx wont have a problem with it havin a tach and shit??? also is it a hard install.. and is there a way to get the odometer higher (I kno that must sound stupid) because I want it show how many miles the car has on it (the ex tach I am gonna get has 115,XXX and I have around 176,XXX
Old 01-11-2005, 01:34 PM
b18c1_hatch

Just switch your odometer on your dx with the ex one its just a couple of screws not hard at all.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:57 PM
dantastic
cx power!

Originally Posted by b18c1_hatch
Just switch your odometer on your dx with the ex one its just a couple of screws not hard at all.
right. just swap out the entire speedo from the dx cluster to the ex one. there are just 3 screws holding it in.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:29 PM
asiancivicguy

can you do something like that for a 2004 civic dx? switch the instrument panel from a lx or ex? because i like the look of the instrument gauge from the lx and ex more plus it has a tach. anyone knows?
Old 01-12-2005, 08:24 AM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YoshiCivic
ok so I kno I can get the gauge, so it will go in easy and my dx wont have a problem with it havin a tach and shit??? also is it a hard install.. and is there a way to get the odometer higher (I kno that must sound stupid) because I want it show how many miles the car has on it (the ex tach I am gonna get has 115,XXX and I have around 176,XXX
Originally Posted by asiancivicguy
can you do something like that for a 2004 civic dx? switch the instrument panel from a lx or ex? because i like the look of the instrument gauge from the lx and ex more plus it has a tach. anyone knows?
you probebly could do something like that on any civic. the installation is really easy, there are 3? screws that hold on the black dash bezel on the dash, after that is removed there are 4 screws that hold on the cluster, after those are taken out just pull the cluster out and unplug it and just do the reverse process when installing the new one :thumbup: hope everything goes well.

Edit: i forgot to mention where the screws are, 2 are right above the gauges and one is right behind the hazard switch, just pry the hazard switch off and there it is. be carefull not to rip out the black bezel, it can be a pain in the ass to take out. as for the 4 screws on the cluster, they are just on the corners