Notices

Clunking noise from front end

Old 12-31-2004, 01:47 AM
wffsoccer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant believe no one has said this yet. CV JOINT!!! BALL JOINT!!!
Old 12-31-2004, 02:33 AM
eric_enciso

hmmmm..im thinking maybe CV JOINT ...BALL JOINT, maybe?
Old 12-31-2004, 06:43 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

normally if it's the CV Joint, it's a Clicking noise noticed when accelerating, not when your letting off the gas. The reason that it clicks is because it's put underpressure & can't handle it anymore. Turning on it while accellerating puts even more pressure on the joint, there for it clicks more. When you let off the gas, there is less stress, so it won't click. Unless he is describing the problem wrong, i doubt this is it!
Old 01-11-2005, 06:28 PM
eric_enciso

I Doubt It Too, Why Would It Be The Cv Joint Or The Ball Joint? Goshhhhh
Old 01-11-2005, 07:32 PM
taz77

the noise being load sensitive usually means it's a drivetrain problem.
the noise being present ONLY when decelerating usually indicates a differential ring gear or its bearings. i think honda uses ball bearings for the diff so my guess is the differential ring gear.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:37 AM
NeverBX
Snootchie Bootchies!!

Originally Posted by taz77
the noise being load sensitive usually means it's a drivetrain problem.
the noise being present ONLY when decelerating usually indicates a differential ring gear or its bearings. i think honda uses ball bearings for the diff so my guess is the differential ring gear.
load also occurs when your car pitches and dives cause the chassis to flex. If you have any weak points in your suspension you will hear it. I'm absolutley sure its your H-bar at the lower control arms not being tightened down enough thats making the sound. This is a common problem because alot of people have a hard time tightening the bar down good because of the clearance between the floorboard and bolts.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:44 PM
taz77

Originally Posted by NeverBX
load also occurs when your car pitches and dives cause the chassis to flex. If you have any weak points in your suspension you will hear it. I'm absolutley sure its your H-bar at the lower control arms not being tightened down enough thats making the sound. This is a common problem because alot of people have a hard time tightening the bar down good because of the clearance between the floorboard and bolts.
that's true. i guess i should have ask if the noise was consistant or if it only happens once each time.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:32 PM
VTEC'dDelSol
Slowest Sol On The Block

Well it sounds like a possibility of a few things. Clunking while turning, accelerating or decelerating, could be cv joints, as simple as wheel bearings, possibly motor mounts. Is it a consistent clunk, or noticeable under certain driving conditions. What about speed, does it change during different speeds? Im just giving possible problems, not necessarily saying im positive, but I think you know the sounds of brakes right. So you should know rubbing or grinding during braking or driving. Inwhich it doesn't sound like brakes. :thinking: :dunno: Hope I helped somewhat.