Notices

I !#$%ing broke my side mirror.. how to fix it?

Old 12-29-2004, 10:14 AM
Skad
Worst Poster Eva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I !#$%ing broke my side mirror.. how to fix it?

Stupid Taco Bell has their little poles sticking out 2 feet from the window so when I drove off I hit the side mirror

it didn't come completely off though, I assume I'm going to have to replace the whole thing? I don't know.

I suppose noone can really help until I post pics, but that wont happen until tomorrow since I'm going to sleep now and work tonight.

h:
Old 12-29-2004, 10:29 AM
Jafro
I'm made of meat!

If you unscrew and remove the folding part (3 screws) and find broken ball-sockets inside the mirror, it's fawked. Get a replacement from eBay.

My neighbor broke mine with his big fat ass when he was weed-wackin and never told me. The plastic rods for the manual adjustment on mine got broken, and the whole mirror would swing limp in the breeze while I was driving.

8-layers of electrical tape are keeping mine in place now, and it was cheaper than a new mirror. In VA, as long as the glass isn't broken, it passes state inspection. I just have to roll my window down to adjust it now.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:33 AM
Skad
Worst Poster Eva

Originally Posted by Jafro
If you unscrew and remove the folding part (3 screws) and find broken ball-sockets inside the mirror, it's fawked. Get a replacement from eBay.

My neighbor broke mine with his big fat ass when he was weed-wackin and never told me. The plastic rods for the manual adjustment on mine got broken, and the whole mirror would swing limp in the breeze while I was driving.

8-layers of electrical tape are keeping mine in place now, and it was cheaper than a new mirror. In VA, as long as the glass isn't broken, it passes state inspection. I just have to roll my window down to adjust it now.
I can see the screws, but I don't know exactly how I'm supposed to dis-assemble everything

anyways, I don't think I broke what you're talking about, since I used the power mirror button and it moved my mirror (no popping noise or anything, just the norm)

*sigh* I hate my luck. my own fault though for not paying attention. I just wanted to get the fvck out of there cuz ugly mexikan women that work at taco bell that try flirting/smiling/giggling is fawking gross :ugh:
Old 12-29-2004, 10:45 AM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

Taco Bell 1 Skad 0

What did u get anyway. It better be good for a broken mirror.

Whenever i go i get 4 nacho cheese chalupas and 2 crunchy supremes
Old 12-29-2004, 10:51 AM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

This thread is a damn trip.... in a good way though. And not because of your bad luck...
This junk:
Originally Posted by: Jafro
My neighbor broke mine with his big fat ass when he was weed-wackin
Had me rollin.
Let us know more about the mirror man. I've taken my off a few times and am probably more curious about it than able to help, but you never know.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:28 PM
Kachup57

I just had some drunk ass guy know my mirror off, or should i say kick it off, two weeks ago. If you open up the door and remove that plastic triangle by the window, you can remove the whole mirror. It's real easy. As far as replacing it, you can try ebay or you can go down to a junk yard and get a new mirror for like 5 bucks off another car. Lucky insurance just bought me my m3 turn signal mirrors instead.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:11 PM
96GreenCivic

yeah the mirror is ez to install a new one. Just 3 8mm nuts.