Notices

AEM Ems

Old 12-23-2004, 05:07 PM
toda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM Ems

Hey guys, I am thinking about buying the AEM EMs system. I have a turbo on my car right now. it is set to 8PSI, and what I would like to do is be able to run a seperate fuel map so that on the highway I can switch it over so that when I don't need it, I can have the turbo do relatively nothing, and have the air fuel mixture change so that the injectors aren't flowing too much gas into the engine...
what would be the best way to accomplish this?

thanks, Toda

Old 12-23-2004, 06:46 PM
Josh M

??? I don't get what you are saying.......on the highway........you run less than stoichiometric(sp?) if you are asking if the AEM can do this........yes......on my friend's big turbo supra........he runs like 17:1 on the highway.......and on wot, he is at 12:1.........make sure you have a professional tune your AEM, if not it is really easy to pop your motor.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:53 PM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

The AEM EMS is definatly a very nice investment & top notch in quality. But if your looking just to just lower your fuel pressure a little bit while on the highway, there are a few other options out there that will allow for X amount of fuel at Y rpm range. (much cheeper options). All depends on what your lookin to do i guess.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:54 PM
relecom
Nissan 240

I think what he is asking is that if he tuned the engine with the EMS, then would he be able to have it more on the economy side of things on the highway or when he didn't need the added performance of the Turbo...

Mark
Old 12-23-2004, 07:09 PM
toda

Originally Posted by Running925
The AEM EMS is definatly a very nice investment & top notch in quality. But if your looking just to just lower your fuel pressure a little bit while on the highway, there are a few other options out there that will allow for X amount of fuel at Y rpm range. (much cheeper options). All depends on what your lookin to do i guess.
I am looking for a total engine management system, to tune my B18C and turbo with to get the most that I can out of it, but for the times that I don't need all the power, I was just wondering the best way to switch over to the economy side of things...

thanks guys, Toda