Notices

How I got F****d up with the swap.....

Old 12-08-2004, 06:35 PM
dumkuh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How I got F****d up with the swap.....

Hi guys just wanted to tell you what have just happened to me and see what you think. There is a girl here with the screen name b18coupe and some time ago I asked her about a few things for the mods(she seemed to know a lot) and than we started to talk about engines. I wanted to do a swap but not that expensive yet-so i was thinking about D16Z6. And she told me that her bf can do that for me and he has about 10 people to vouch for him. So we make a deal of $900 for the complete swap(I had D15B7) wich he promised to be in great condition, new clutch(!) and everything, I gave him a deposit, blah blah blah. Than that day comes-I drove from Brooklyn to Long beach Island. It took Matt whole day to finish the swap and I drove away with ECU for the automatic transmission with he promised to change later. After I get home I found out that the wires from vtec solenoid were disconnected during my way home(Matt put too short wires). The third day I had my "new" motor I took it to meckanick to check and he told me that this motor has to be changed-it was knocking a little bit from time to time, but next day it started permanently. I wrote Matt about it and besides that the clutch went out(I mean that it had to be replaced). So I told Matt about everything and brought car to his place again where it stayed for a week and when I came he told me that he didn't change the motor and its fine-I said whatever as long as you are shure about it(knocking was gone, but only for the test drive). I came there with a friend and while I went with Matt inside to give him a tip and thank my friend was testig the car and knocking came back again. We agreed with Matt that I take car to meckanick and if h says its good we are even if not-Matt changes the motor. I drove home and the next day I couldn't start it(And it was left in queens for a week).Than I came with my friend and we pushed start it to bring home(Brooklyn) and on the way it was doing some weird things like when you pushed gas it started to slow right away oh and while idling the rpms were going from 300 to 2000. So we brought it home. I took out the spark plugs to see if its ignition and they came out all in OIL!!!!! So I called Matt and he told me that its not his problem anymore because it was fine when I drove away and that I payed for the motor installed and thats what he did, and that he didn't install it forever!!!!!! BUT NOT FOR TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!I can swear to God that this motor has never been raced-i just never do!!! And my car is now standing for the second week while I am trying to talk to Matt. And a few nights ago it has been broken into!!!(b'cause it was standing at one place for a long time). And whenever I was calling Matt he never picked up the phone or answer my messages. I have a paper from him and from the shop and I am going to start a case against him on friday afternoon if I don't get the results by that time.
PS I know it kinda long but its in short telling. So let me know what you think!!Thanks.
PPS And I forgot to tell that the axle went bad in a week also.....
Old 12-08-2004, 06:57 PM
AcuraIntegraLS

That's f**k*d up!
Old 12-08-2004, 08:04 PM
lkailburn
college kid

sux bro get that shit figured out man.

and a tip for the next swap.. learn learn learn, read read read..and then do it the right way... do it yourself

goodluck,

-Luke
Old 12-08-2004, 08:20 PM
bambbrose

Originally Posted by lkailburn
..and then do it the right way... do it yourself
word
Old 12-08-2004, 08:26 PM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

U got hosed from jump street with the price. I have a D16Z6 that im gonna swap into my 92 LX and my mechanic is only gonna charge me 6-700. Id sue him for the cost of u going back and forth and for the stuff that was stolen out of the car. And for a lot of other stuff. I wish you the best man.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:27 PM
civicburner

Real sorry to hear that. Everything happens for a reason though. Always keep that in mind. Live and learn.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:09 AM
gh3ttotactic
Blue Member

wow...talk about luck..well, the more you know the less peeps can gypt you...that's why there are forums to spread the knowledge...g-luck on the case..
Old 12-09-2004, 03:47 AM
b18coupe

how are you gonna lie. matt went above and beyond what any shop would ever do. he bought a good motor off of someone else and the motor was perfect and running great when you left my house, if you were unhappy(which you werent) you shouldnt have left my house with it the way it was. you had it for 5 days and "blew it up" and matt was trying to help you out. he offered to buy you a short block. which no shop would do, since you just payed for the install no warrantee. but you said that a new short block wasnt good enough. here is the real story http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1078132
Old 12-09-2004, 04:30 AM
h22afreak
IN BOOST WE TRUST.

Make sure you handle that kid,you know how we do.
thats F'ed up.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:39 AM
civic EX-V

Dude, that blows. I would never trust just anybody that I met on the net to do work like that. Even if it was a close friend, unless they were a mechanic, they are not doin anything like swapping an engine on my car. I'll trust my friends with my suspension or exhaust or somethin, but never the engine cuz things can go wrong quick.

Not sure if you have a case here or not, seems like that Matt dude is on Honda-tech preachin the complete opposite story to them so its you word against his. Good luck here and hope everything works out. I'd say try to get the 900 bucks back from him (maybe a grand cuz ur car doesn't have a motor and you did a lotta drivin) and go pay a reputable shop to drop in a nice LS motor or something that will work.