Notices

just bought a Civc EX

Old 12-08-2004, 05:09 PM
LowSky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just bought a Civc EX

Hey guys I'm brand new to the whole Civic thing and a friend of mine told me about this place..
I'm really asking is what engine is in my car (i know its I4 w/127hp and VTEC-e)... whats are my tuning options, and what should I stay clear of.

My car is a 2001 Civic Ex w/ manaul tranny

thanks John
Old 12-08-2004, 05:11 PM
raiden571
turning u inside out

your options are very broad. be more specific as to what YOU want. you want better handling, more power, looks, etc. also, what kinda money do you have to work with?
Old 12-08-2004, 05:23 PM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

welcome to HAN
Old 12-08-2004, 05:35 PM
s1ngle
clutch slipping boost

its not VTEC-e, its normal VTEC.

I have a 96 civ EX, homemade ghetto turbo setup, very quick, i love it. PM me if you have questions, or IM me.
edit: whoops just noticed you said 2001. sorry
Old 12-08-2004, 05:51 PM
lkailburn
college kid

edit: good job paul
Old 12-08-2004, 10:52 PM
LowSky

basically power isnt really a big thing (as of now...trying to not get anymore speeding tickets)... maybe just a cat back system... my stereo system is already coming along.. just ordered a new cd player, next is speakers and sub(s?)... i want to keep the car looking close to stock so no outragous body kits or carbon fiber hoods (unless i can paint one to match the car...not too sure about carbon fiber stuff)

after the stereo (which is going to cost me over a $1K im planning to get some new rims and tires (hopefully around $800 all together), maybe an engine dress up kit (cheap)
Old 12-09-2004, 01:49 AM
gh3ttotactic
Blue Member

I'm like you fairly new here... but the peeps in this forums are anti-ricer. I believe that's means no ice in the ride,excessively big rims, body kits, and especially them altezza. I think the motto in here for most peeps are suspension, speed, then style. I was like you too, i took the backward approach. But then i killed it with the body kit. Anywayz do some research by searching the forum b4 asking questions peeps in here love to burn the newbs...I would suggest reading some online resources for you car. There is so much to be learn in there. I'm learning how to bleed my brakes and install camber kit right now..g-luck ...and welcome to HAN
Old 12-09-2004, 06:45 AM
shifty35

Originally Posted by gh3ttotactic
I'm like you fairly new here... but the peeps in this forums are anti-ricer. I believe that's means no ice in the ride,excessively big rims, body kits, and especially them altezza. I think the motto in here for most peeps are suspension, speed, then style. I was like you too, i took the backward approach. But then i killed it with the body kit. Anywayz do some research by searching the forum b4 asking questions peeps in here love to burn the newbs...I would suggest reading some online resources for you car. There is so much to be learn in there. I'm learning how to bleed my brakes and install camber kit right now..g-luck ...and welcome to HAN
I wouldn't say that, we don't have a problem with TASTEFUL body kits, lips, and the like. I don't even have a problem if you want 30 subs in your ride, that's your thing.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:38 PM
LowSky

thanks for the advice