Notices

'98 civic dash lights please help!!

Old 12-07-2004, 10:02 PM
lonthae
Ninja Assassin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '98 civic dash lights please help!!

the other night I was working (pizza delivery) and I noticed my dash lights and environmental control lights were out, but, my headlights, taillights, and runnung lights still worked. they had been on on the delivery before, so i just figured i blew the fuse, no biggie. replaced the fuse and it popped as soon as i turned on the dash lights again, did a test and its pulling like 20 amps but the fuse is rated for only 7.5. pulled the dash apart to check for exposed/loose wires/connectors and found nothing. disconnected the battery and hooked up the ohm meter and i get continuity on both sides of the fuse terminal with no fuse in place. but most of the other lighting fuse terminals I only get continuity on one side of the terminal. I've been working on my own cars for a while and this has me completly stumped. the car is completly stock except the radio which has been in for 4 years with no problems.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:52 AM
lonthae
Ninja Assassin

Anyone??

Please, this is really important cause I deliver at night.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:37 AM
monicle
Repo.Jackmoves.Com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and you didnt do anything to your car or stereo before this happened? who wired up your stereo and did the solder the wires or just twist them together?
Old 12-08-2004, 07:52 AM
lonthae
Ninja Assassin

No, and no.

I put in the stereo like 4 years ago, and I soldered a honda harness clip to the stereo harness clip to make it "Plug and Play". But other than that there are no mods to my car, and all I do to it is routine mantinence. Its actually my wifes car, so she won't let me have any fun with it.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:46 AM
civic EX-V

Just stick a 20 amp fuse in there maybe? I have a similar problem in my 92. Sometimes my dash lights just go on and off. I'll turn the car on then the headlights, and all the outside lights work fine but nothing is on inside the car except for the radio. Its so strange, then after a lil while, the lights just come back on for no reason.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:51 AM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

Do you have any fuses in any of those "unused" spots? The ones that aern't labeled.
Someone told me not to put spares in those.