DSC
Long way from home

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

99-00 Sedan clear/red tails.

I like these than the stock ones.
Old 08-18-2002, 05:02 AM
TTT

Default Re: Re: Clear Tails 96-00 (Non altezza)

Originally posted by EliteAccord

No clear tail lights are not legal and are banned from getting imported into the USA.

First of all clear tails don't have red reflectors facing back and red reflex reflector facing the side.

Even if the reflector are read on the clear tail. It would still be illegal even if you put a red bulb for the brake light. The reason is no red light maybe emitted from a clear lense. Even red rear turn signals in a clear lense is illegal. The reason why red light are not legal when they are emitted from a clear lense is because they are hardly visible especially on a sunny bright day.
Thanks for the info... that might be a factor in why nobody has them in stock anymore... so if i were to get rear ended and had clear tail lights, it would most likely be my fault?
Old 08-18-2002, 08:49 AM
Duff Man

Yeah Chris is pretty much right.

You MUST have two 1 by 1 inch red reflectors on the rear of a vehicle no higher then 36 inches and no lower then 12 inches or somthing as well as one 1 by 1 inch reflector on each rear side fender. The front is slightly different. You must have one 1 by 1 inch amber reflector on sides of the front fenders but you don't need any in the front. This is what the car manufacturers go by so they are able to sell in all 50. Each state is different but this is whats legit in all of em I read this in a Wisconsin State Auto spec web site with a ".org" or ".WI" at the end of it so this info is all legit. I can't remember the URL though...sorry

I imagine the reflector is so the vehicle is visible from far distances day or night, driving or parked....but all of that ^^^ is the minimal so you can go to town otherwise.

If you notice, the Caddilac Atlantica has clear tail lights from the factory and they emmit red bulbs through the clear. However if you look carefully, there's a strip of red on the top and the bottom of it. The 3rd (2nd?) gen RX7 has stock black outs over the tails. However there are small red reflectors on the rear bumper to compinsate. One of the Jaguar models is the same as the RX7 but I think they are smoked clear tails. They too have red reflectors on the rear bumper.

Hope this helps
Old 08-18-2002, 12:36 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Originally posted by H-A Stud
Yeah Chris is pretty much right.

You MUST have two 1 by 1 inch red reflectors on the rear of a vehicle no higher then 36 inches and no lower then 12 inches or somthing as well as one 1 by 1 inch reflector on each rear side fender. The front is slightly different. You must have one 1 by 1 inch amber reflector on sides of the front fenders but you don't need any in the front. This is what the car manufacturers go by so they are able to sell in all 50. Each state is different but this is whats legit in all of em I read this in a Wisconsin State Auto spec web site with a ".org" or ".WI" at the end of it so this info is all legit. I can't remember the URL though...sorry

I imagine the reflector is so the vehicle is visible from far distances day or night, driving or parked....but all of that ^^^ is the minimal so you can go to town otherwise.

If you notice, the Caddilac Atlantica has clear tail lights from the factory and they emmit red bulbs through the clear. However if you look carefully, there's a strip of red on the top and the bottom of it. The 3rd (2nd?) gen RX7 has stock black outs over the tails. However there are small red reflectors on the rear bumper to compinsate. One of the Jaguar models is the same as the RX7 but I think they are smoked clear tails. They too have red reflectors on the rear bumper.

Hope this helps
Word, Mn is a little different. Rear lights must be red or amber. The light must be visible in all lighting conditions at 100 ft ( may not be remembering the distance correctly). On the rear, all lights must be white or amber. ANY other color for turn signals, headlights or brake lights are illegal. ANY other light on the car is permitted as long as it it not red or blue (immitating an officer). So green, yellow, etc is all legal.
Old 08-18-2002, 12:55 PM
Duff Man

Originally posted by Bakeoff

Word, Mn is a little different. Rear lights must be red or amber. The light must be visible in all lighting conditions at 100 ft ( may not be remembering the distance correctly). On the rear, all lights must be white or amber. ANY other color for turn signals, headlights or brake lights are illegal. ANY other light on the car is permitted as long as it it not red or blue (immitating an officer). So green, yellow, etc is all legal.
Theirs a limit to how many lights you can have on a car as well as where they are mounted. Most neon lights are illegal because they are mounted to low to the ground. I think they have to be 12 in or higher off the ground (same with fogs). You can only have 4 lights on the front of the car not including the turn signals. Basically if you have fogs and wisherwasher LED's, it's illegal.