Notices

Rear suspension bushes

Old 10-25-2004, 07:34 AM
HKS-Secret

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear suspension bushes

Hey all

I am in GREAT need of your help. Well it all started when I bought some Eibach lowering springs for my 1997 3Door Civic (EK4), and when I took them to a professional garage, they told me that the bolts on the rear suspension had rusted, and that if they tried to take it out, they would break it, which in tern would need new bushes, bec the bolt would be stuck inside the bush. Which comes to my point, Honda don’t sell just the rear bushes on their own, they sell the whole wish bone (which cost a lot). So now I am suck (not to mention frustrated ), bec there is only one company out there that do the bushes for my car, they are SuperFlex (www.superflex.co.uk), but the guy over the phone doesn’t know which ones fit my car exactly FFS.
Now, I have got to the point of either not lowering my car at all, or buying the whole dame wish bone (for both sides at a cost of £180) from Honda.

So, I need some help from you guys, I know some, if not all of you have lowered your Civics’, so I need some help.

Thanks

PS: Sorry for being long winded h:
Old 10-25-2004, 08:09 AM
Hondaman
Black Pearl

I had the same problem when I did the springs/struts on my car. It's pretty normal for the bolts to seize inside the bushings like you described. However, the bushings are available from Honda. I know this for a fact because I bought one for my car. Check out www.hondaautomotiveparts.com, they have them for about $10. On the picture it's number 13.

Old 10-25-2004, 09:21 AM
wilsel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or you could buy some used rear lower control arms from www.sohfast.com. or a local junk yard. You may even want to get some from an integra incase you ever want a rear swaybar.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:30 AM
HKS-Secret

Hi m8

Thanks for your reply, i realy appreciate it. I got a few questions to ask you? Is the number 13 bush the only ones you need to remove the spring? or do i need others?

Oh and are you sure its for the EK Civic and not the EG, bec Honda (in da UK) told me that they dont sell it for the EK Civic , only for the EG Civic. BTW what is the EK4 in the US called, is it DX or Cx. Just so that i can look into the web site!

Thanks
Old 10-25-2004, 02:15 PM
Hondaman
Black Pearl

To change the springs you need to remove the bolt from the number 13 bushing and the either one of the number 19 bolts.

As far as whether they are available for the EK Civic. I'm not sure. I don't really know the difference between the EK, EK4 and EG. All I know is CX, DX, LX and EX. Maybe someone else here can help with that one.
Old 10-25-2004, 02:44 PM
HKS-Secret

Ok m8, thanks alot , that was very helpfull

Cheers