Notices

need some general info on 5th gen civics

Old 08-29-2004, 02:07 PM
More&Faster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some general info on 5th gen civics

hey i know this is noobish of me, but im having trouble finding some important info on these cars. im thinking about buying one in the next year or so, when my crx starts to drink more oil than gas. my plan is to keep all the functionality of the car, while setting it up for autocross and 'spirited driving' i.e. engine swap, suspension, stereo, wheels/tires....

after driving my current car for a while, my priorities have shifted a bit and i think i want a car thats a little quieter and nicer inside. does anyone have any links to any magazine reviews of the car? its hard to find info on the net pertaining to the comfort and practicality of the cars. i also want to know a bit more about the upgrade path. whats a good way to go for someone with my needs? what are the strengths and weaknesses of the car? what parts can i swap from other cars?

once again, magazine articles would be great. i searched for one for like 20 minutes and couldnt find one. im really looking for subjective opinions of the car. what do you like/hate about them? (ill tell you right now, i hate the way they look, but i can look past that )

thanks guys for your help. sorry about the noobness. :kiss:
Old 08-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Civic2Scooby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the way they look, I love how over simple they are to work on, I like the ease of upgradability. I love the way they respond to mods ie suspension, etc. I love how light they are.

I hate that it is front wheel drive, I hate the seats.
Old 08-29-2004, 04:55 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check www.edmunds.com for more information.