Notices

Urethene bumper..

Old 08-12-2002, 04:51 PM
15sCivicRedline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Urethene bumper..

I bought a buddy club urethene bumper like 4 weeks ago from ExtremeDimensions.com and im getting it tomorrow morning. I was just wondering urethene bumpers are usually a perfect fit right? I have a 95 civic 4dr and the fiberglass buddyclub front bumper that I bought awhile ago I had to cut a whole bunch to get it to fit. But then again my fiberglass back bumper was a perfect fit. Do they vary with fiberglass? I'm just hoping my front bumper is a perfect fit because i hate cutting it because its never perfect.

Also, for some reason my fiberglass back bumper is a lot higher than my fiberglass front bumper...the back bumper is basically the same size my stock back bumper was. I thought that was pretty strange..You can tell by the pics that my back is alot higher. Hopefully my new front is going to be higher also so I can put my stock sides on..because I think my car is a little tooo low. I scrape everywhere.

http://redlineautosports.net/im000648.jpg
http://redlineautosports.net/im000653.jpg
Old 08-12-2002, 06:06 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure about that, but fiberglass, although cheap and brittle, would be a little easier to work with in terms of modifying it (I would assume).

Nice clean sedan, should paint the door handles and shave or paint the moldings body color.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 08-12-2002, 06:17 PM
15sCivicRedline

Originally posted by MaxBoosT
Not sure about that, but fiberglass, although cheap and brittle, would be a little easier to work with in terms of modifying it (I would assume).

Nice clean sedan, should paint the door handles and shave or paint the moldings body color.
Yea..im waiting to get my new bumper tomorrow. Going to paint everything championship white and shave all my emblems.
Old 08-12-2002, 06:22 PM
civic2k2grl

Default Re: Urethene bumper..

Originally posted by 15sCivicRedline
I bought a buddy club urethene bumper like 4 weeks ago from ExtremeDimensions.com and im getting it tomorrow morning. I was just wondering urethene bumpers are usually a perfect fit right? I have a 95 civic 4dr and the fiberglass buddyclub front bumper that I bought awhile ago I had to cut a whole bunch to get it to fit. But then again my fiberglass back bumper was a perfect fit. Do they vary with fiberglass? I'm just hoping my front bumper is a perfect fit because i hate cutting it because its never perfect.

Also, for some reason my fiberglass back bumper is a lot higher than my fiberglass front bumper...the back bumper is basically the same size my stock back bumper was. I thought that was pretty strange..You can tell by the pics that my back is alot higher. Hopefully my new front is going to be higher also so I can put my stock sides on..because I think my car is a little tooo low. I scrape everywhere.

ihad the whole buddy club fiberglass kit i wish they had produced a urathane bumper when i bought mine. i had to cut it alot and it cracks easily if you scrape as for the fit, theres a little more give in the urathan ones..but mine still fit..... urathane is good for lower cars especuially if you knwo your going to be scrapping it'll save yuor bumper..
Old 08-12-2002, 06:29 PM
dantastic
cx power!

hmmm... i actually dont kno anyone with aftermarket urethane bumper. everyone i know has fiber glass b/c we get hooked up (<$300 full kit, anystyle). let us know how it fits!!! btw, since ur car is big on looks, shave the side molding
Old 08-12-2002, 06:32 PM
15sCivicRedline

Originally posted by dantastic
hmmm... i actually dont kno anyone with aftermarket urethane bumper. everyone i know has fiber glass b/c we get hooked up (<$300 full kit, anystyle). let us know how it fits!!! btw, since ur car is big on looks, shave the side molding
Its already costing me $1200 to get my whole car painted, i dont really wanna add to that expense. I need to save more money for my engine mods, i wanna go fast too you know.
Old 08-12-2002, 06:35 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

props on the sedan! we have to stick together you know.
Old 08-12-2002, 06:39 PM
15sCivicRedline

Originally posted by westcoaststyle
props on the sedan! we have to stick together you know.
Yea i know..but you got the speed (B18C1), i need an engine swap than ill be set. But yea we do have to stick together, theres some hate for sedans out there.
Old 08-12-2002, 07:02 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Default Re: Urethene bumper..

Originally posted by 15sCivicRedline

Nice looking sedan. I don't know anyone that has a urethane front bumper, but I can guess that the fitment would be a lot easier compared to fiberglass.

The one thing that irritates me about buddy club front bumpers is that most of them look like tables. Compare the distance between the front edge and where the headlight meets the bumper. Doesn't it look like a lot of space? Hopefully the urethane piece isn't like that. Let me know once you get it.

Most of the rear bumpers that I know of are pretty high. I think that's a good thing because that's one less thing to worry about scraping. But a really low bumper is the Black Widow rear. I think because it has to match the real low sides as well.
Old 08-12-2002, 07:15 PM
skubb
not that TLC sh!t either

make sure they use a flex additive or you'll hate it.

Quick Reply: Urethene bumper..