Notices

Collision repair

Old 08-08-2004, 09:36 PM
lgbr
Wal-Mart Shopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Collision repair

Alright so, two or three owners ago, my car was in an accident. Apparently someone didn't give a crap, or just took the insurance money. It was hit in the very front right corner of the car, damaged the corner light, internally damaged the headlight (very very minor, gets to be a nuissance though, corner light isn't attached to it very well). There is a small dent on the fender, and there was a huge dent on the bumper. I went to the local junk yard, it's a pretty big one, and picked up brand new aftermarket bumper and fender. The bumper has some fitting issues, and I suck at painting, but for now, its totally unnoticeable to anyone, unless they walk up to it and start looking right at it. The fender didn't fit, came in too far where it meets the door, couldn't close the passenger door.

So, I want to replace the headlights, bumper, and fender.

The car is the factory "harvard blue". I was thinking something like a set of Halo lights would make it look nice. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33710

And then, where should I go for bumper and fender? Some people tell me body kit, but that's just too much money, and they're not worth it.

Edit:

And how do I paint, the paint job I did on the bumper is awful!
Old 08-09-2004, 02:06 AM
saga
broke college kid

Do a search for painting, I'm sure I've seen that covered before somewhere on here. Look through a couple pages in the DIY section and you should find some answers.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:34 AM
alphaxxn
4500rpm hesitation

Look in the DIY section.