Notices

need some advice guys

Old 08-02-2004, 08:41 PM
SICK BOY
gsr-t hatch in progress!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some advice guys

well i got my 5th gen civic hatch cx about a month ago. my birthday is in a week or so and my mom said she wanted to get me somethin for it, but like most moms doesnt know anything wut so ever about hondas or cars in general. so she said that i could get something under $250. i dont really want to do any engine mods, because i am planning to swap in the future. i was thinking maybe power doors and locks, but i could probably just go to the junkyard and yank some outta antoher civic or something for a lot less. i was also thinking some racing buckets, yes i no wut ur thinkin.....RICER!!!!!...... but i dont really care, i dont really like the seats in it now and like the style of the racing buckets. the only bad thing is that if i do get them, then i will have to get some cheapo ebay ones, and im not quite sure i trust the quality of those. can someone give advice or more ideas, thanks a lot
Old 08-02-2004, 08:52 PM
saga
broke college kid

Maybe some small detail type things. If you don't have tints and want em get em. Get a JDM climate control to replace the stock one ($75 shipped from websites, i just got mine for $43 on eBay with local pickup). Not only does the climate control work better but it looks sleeker at night. JDM clock that glows amber (I think ~$50 from websites, haven't shopped around much for one). Projector headlights if you want em. Some replacement taillights. I don't know if the CX has it but if not a tach. A replacement dash or EL glow inserts. That's some ideas to get you thinking. Things that will make your hatch different from stock cars but not a ricer. Find some little things rather than looking to be cheap on something bigger. Racing seats aren't neccesarily ricer when chosen and installed tastefully. Lastly, do you really want cheap racing seats in a stock CX?
Old 08-02-2004, 09:20 PM
SICK BOY
gsr-t hatch in progress!

thanks that helped a lot even tho im not really into jdm a whole lot i think i might focus more on small things like that. btw do you no any companies that sell blacked out head and taillights and if thats even legal.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:22 PM
SICK BOY
gsr-t hatch in progress!

o yeah and i cant find any glo gauges at all!!!!!!! not one i think its because i have the cx and it doesnt have a tach.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:37 PM
saga
broke college kid

I know I've seen glo gauges for my DX and it doesn't have a tach either. Also, I remember seing this stuff you spray onto your lights and it smokes them out but is transparent when the lights are on. I'll see if I can find those two things for you or some1 else might have a link and get it up be4 me.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:51 PM
SICK BOY
gsr-t hatch in progress!

o i didnt know that the dx gauges were the same. ive seen plenty of those. thanks for the advice.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:48 AM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

Another idea is a short shifter and bushings.
Old 08-03-2004, 05:34 AM
Quikstep
OG Swollen Member

How bout a strut bar? Suspension is a good way to go because it stays the same even if you swap.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:07 AM
s1ngle
clutch slipping boost

get a VAFC :thumbup:
Old 08-03-2004, 07:50 AM
Ant_Knee_S2K

Get a replacement instrument cluster with tach. You can score one on ebay fairly cheap. Im pretty sure that a cluster from an EX will work fine in your CX, the wiring connection is all the same, and all civics are wired for tachs.
You'll definitely want it when you do your engine swap.