Notices

jdm or rice rocket?

Old 08-11-2002, 04:26 PM
2002civicex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jdm or rice rocket?

ok what should i do...i cant decide between makin my civic a rice rocket (17s, bodykit, aluminum spoiler, etc.) or go for the jdm look (15 fake spoons, jdm lip kit, factory spoiler etc.) i know these things are at opposite ends of the spectrum, but i dont know what i want to do. one of my friends says jdm, and the other says rice. im sure ill get flamed for this but o well. i cant decide what i want to do so help me out!!!!!
Old 08-11-2002, 04:34 PM
Bookshelf
highrevmotorsports.com

Why don't you go to some websites and see what fits you, a "rice" look or a JDM look. If you have a lot of money you should go with a "rice" look. But if you are not rich, you should go with a JDM look, it's much cheaper.
Old 08-11-2002, 04:35 PM
str8edgexx

ok, well first off, decide on your own. Don't listen to what anyone else says. In my opinion, stick with a clean look (not necessarily JDM, but just clean). I don't have any jdm parts on my car, but most exterior stuff I have is Honda OEM. I get compliments on my car from kids and old people alike. It just looks nice, and people of all ages like it. If you go with the rice look, most people are just gonna shake their heads when you drive by (maybe a few 14 year olds will think your car is cool, but thats it)....if you want that, go rice.
Old 08-11-2002, 04:36 PM
iNteGraz92
forever lurking

this thread is :ghey:
so anything NOT jdm is rice?
do what YOU like, who gives a f*ck about "jdm or rice"
Old 08-11-2002, 04:38 PM
silvercivicgrl
Have you flossed today?

just do what u like. i first wanted to get a blitz kit and 17s for my car now i have a mugen lip and si wheels. but i did that for practicality reasons know i would probably curb a rim and mess up the kit. just go with something in your price range that u like :thumbup:
Old 08-11-2002, 04:41 PM
2002civicex

Originally posted by iNteGraz92

ok because that is what i said now isnt it? im sorry if u dont like the way i labeled it. body kit and 17s, or lips and 15s. is that better? :sqfawk:
Old 08-11-2002, 04:44 PM
silvercivicgrl
Have you flossed today?

Originally posted by iNteGraz92
this thread is :ghey:
do what YOU like, who gives a f*ck about "jdm or rice"
this thread isnt gay hes just askin for some help....but u probably shouldve labeled it as like a wild car or clean car...or show or something like that.
Old 08-11-2002, 05:12 PM
96sedanR

Originally posted by str8edgexx
ok, well first off, decide on your own. Don't listen to what anyone else says. In my opinion, stick with a clean look (not necessarily JDM, but just clean). I don't have any jdm parts on my car, but most exterior stuff I have is Honda OEM. I get compliments on my car from kids and old people alike. It just looks nice, and people of all ages like it. If you go with the rice look, most people are just gonna shake their heads when you drive by (maybe a few 14 year olds will think your car is cool, but thats it)....if you want that, go rice.
i believe that a car looks the best coming off the factory showfloor (except for the wheel gaps). if honda thought that a body kit would go good with a civic, they would put it on. just my 2 cents...
Old 08-11-2002, 06:16 PM
Tirod

i actually think they both look ridiculous, go for a usdm clean look, nice paint, nice 17" lowered, ok bodykit, any type of red/clear tails and nice set of headlights, etc.... good leather interior, and a nice sound system with an alarm... nice and clean...
Old 08-11-2002, 06:46 PM
shockwave

if ur dumb enough to buy japanese parts for 10x more than usdm parts... then by all means go JDM.... as for the term rice... in my opinion its more "rice" to follow others than to do ur own thing.... everyone is jumping on this "jdm" bandwagon yet 90% of them dont buy actual jdm parts... lol i love the clean so called JDM look but i wouldnt go as far as saying my car is jdm cuz nothing on my car is part of the japanese domestic market... lol remember what JDM stands for? yeah alright as for body kits.. if it looks good to you. do it.. i hate most body kits not because they are "rice" but because if i wanted my car to look like a jet or have some other body style i would have bought another car lol... OEM honda body kits are cool tho.. the ones u can get from factory or theos that look similar to stock... but thats my opinion... choose what u like and keep us updated =)

Quick Reply: jdm or rice rocket?