Notices

complete swap or new car?

Old 07-21-2004, 01:14 PM
saga
broke college kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default complete swap or new car?

I currently have a 93 DX Coupe A/T and I was wondering what route some of you guys would take with it. Should I just save for a different car that already has a M/T and then get to work on it or just go all out and do the engine and transmission swap on my current car? I'm figuring that if I'm going to do the swap already I can probably find a car cheap with a lot of miles on it since I'm using it more for the body than the engine components. What do you guys think?
Old 07-21-2004, 02:57 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you can easily find a car for cheap then id say go for it. it would be easier to start with that car than by swaping the tranny with the other car as well as the the engine. if you do get the 5spd car then id suggest you get an LS swap if you get a dx. if you get an EX then the GSR swap is the way to go.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:18 PM
ShuengChang
1992 Honda Civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't mean to hijack here, but how easy is it to swap a LS engine into a 5th gen DX? Is it possibly the easiest swap out there?
Old 07-21-2004, 03:23 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea, its probebly the easiest b series swap, just put it in with new mounts and LS ecu and you're done, no vtec wires to run or anything. i think thats it.