Notices

o2 sensor

Old 08-10-2002, 06:36 PM
15sCivicRedline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o2 sensor

How the heck are you supose to take off the o2 sensor from the stock header?? I took the header off and its impossible to take the nut thats holding the 02 sensor in off. its in a really wierd position,,
Old 08-10-2002, 06:41 PM
dantastic
cx power!

use an o2 sensor socket. its like a spark plug socket, but with the side cut out to allow the wires to pass thru. i borrowed one from my neighbor. if you dont have such neighbors, i managed to get it off with just an open ended wrench w/o taking off the header
Old 08-10-2002, 06:55 PM
15sCivicRedline

omg u gotta b kiddin me its 11:46 and and we've been tryin to get the sensor off since 10, with a combination wrench, this is so much crap!!

thx for the help tho
Old 08-11-2002, 04:44 PM
CivicPete

dood its soo hard to do what i did was use a blow torch to heat up around the sensor to loosen it up then i used a special o2 sensor wrench u can get at any autoparts store or what ever and use alot of wd-40 and be sure not to round off the sensor... good luck its a ***** isnt it...
Old 08-11-2002, 05:17 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by CivicPete
dood its soo hard to do what i did was use a blow torch to heat up around the sensor to loosen it up then i used a special o2 sensor wrench u can get at any autoparts store or what ever and use alot of wd-40 and be sure not to round off the sensor... good luck its a ***** isnt it...
If you use a torch, you have to bu SUPER careful not to ruin the sensor or fry the wiring.. I just suggest liquid wrench and the correct sensor socket as well as a nice long breaker bar.
Old 08-11-2002, 05:20 PM
15sCivicRedline

I finally got it off last night. I started this project(replacing header) at 6 pm thought it would only take a couple of hours. I ended up finishing it at 3am!! It was soooo hard taking off the bolts. I broke a couple of 12mm sockets, so I had to stop my autozone a couple of times(thank god they are open 24/7). But i finally got the stock header off and faced the difficulty of the o2 sensor...i tried everything and I posted on here and found out that you can actually get a socket to remove the o2 sensor. So i stopped by autozone and I rented one for 15 bucks and I got home expecting it to be really easy. WRONG!! I was hitting the rachet with a hammer to try to losen it and it still wouldnt budge. So I got mad now and I was about to call it quits for the night until I tried it one more time, not even hitting it hard with the hammer and it came loose!! MAN was i relived, so put it in the DC sport header and put everything back on, gave it a test drive later that morning. Even though I have a DX and a auto I feel a big difference adding the header with my exhaust and intake. Not that much louder either.
Old 08-11-2002, 05:27 PM
crucial Si
Banned

Originally posted by 15sCivicRedline
I finally got it off last night. I started this project(replacing header) at 6 pm thought it would only take a couple of hours. I ended up finishing it at 3am!! It was soooo hard taking off the bolts. I broke a couple of 12mm sockets, so I had to stop my autozone a couple of times(thank god they are open 24/7). But i finally got the stock header off and faced the difficulty of the o2 sensor...i tried everything and I posted on here and found out that you can actually get a socket to remove the o2 sensor. So i stopped by autozone and I rented one for 15 bucks and I got home expecting it to be really easy. WRONG!! I was hitting the rachet with a hammer to try to losen it and it still wouldnt budge. So I got mad now and I was about to call it quits for the night until I tried it one more time, not even hitting it hard with the hammer and it came loose!! MAN was i relived, so put it in the DC sport header and put everything back on, gave it a test drive later that morning. Even though I have a DX and a auto I feel a big difference adding the header with my exhaust and intake. Not that much louder either.

all this for 2 hp :fawk:
Old 08-11-2002, 07:32 PM
CivicPete

Originally posted by 15sCivicRedline
O man the same thing happen to me... it sucks soo bad i thought it would take me like maby 2 hours fukin spent the whole night workin on the damn thing... but at least its done .....
Old 08-12-2002, 06:38 PM
Bror Jace

Guys,
Instead of Liquid Wrench, try "PB Blaster" available everywhere ... even WalMart. I sprayed just a bit on my O2 sensor each day after work all week and by Saturday, it came out with just a tug on the socket (I borrowed an O2 socket from a buddy).

It took me a couple minutes to get it out ... and then I had to figure out the plastic clips.

--- Bror Jace
Old 08-12-2002, 06:43 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

:werd:

Thanks for the info man!

Quick Reply: o2 sensor