Notices

A/C condensor replacement

Old 07-15-2004, 07:50 AM
maskedSONY
-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C condensor replacement

Has anybody here ever replaced an A/C condensor in a civic? If so, do you know anything about how to do it?
Old 07-15-2004, 09:01 AM
wilsel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the system evacuated already? You'll want a shop to refill the refridgerant afterwards. They'll need to hook it up to a machine to vacate any air, and moisture from the system You have to get the perfect amount of refridgerant, and oil in the system too. Too much or too little, and it won't cool. They also check the low/high side pressures to make sure no other component has failed or is failing.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:50 AM
maskedSONY
-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its currently getting checked out by the guys over at pep boys. I'll find out soon if its got any leaks or what not.

a month ago i gave it a can of A/C compressor oil, and when i tried to put the R134a, the low pressure line didnt accept it and it all spewed out.

what im trying to avoid is an ugly cost for a condensor or some A/C part which can be installed with some simple manpower.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:00 AM
wilsel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It shouldn't be hard to install the condensor yourself, just don't fill it yourself. I have filled mine myself, but it doesn't work but for a couple days, and it's not low according to the gauge. After reading some Car AC forums I found out how tempermental the system really is. A helms will tell you how to replace the condensor, but once you receive the new one you'll see how easy it is to replace.