Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   92+ Civic/EL & Del Sol (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/92-civic-el-and-del-sol-6/)
-   -   new springs... spring rate (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/92-civic-el-and-del-sol/146813-new-springs-spring-rate.html)

92eg6 07-11-2004 11:54 AM

new springs... spring rate

i dont have alot of money but i want a stiffer spring rate, i have a eibach pro kit now. with stiff a$s struts. but i want a better stiffer spring rate. what would you all recommend? sportline... tien-s, nuspeed race? I DONT WANT COILOVERS been there dont likem. i got a baby boy that takes rides with me sometimes too....
thanks for your imput...

white_n_slow 07-11-2004 08:39 PM

i don't know what the spring rates of ANY of those springs even are... I think the difference is more in spring length than rate. Call up the manufacturers and ask for rates, and I'll be able to give you a little more info from there.

If you really want to customize your spring rates, you'll need to go with ground-control (or other coilovers with multiple spring rate availability). There is nothing inherently poor-riding about coilovers... your previous experience was probably due either to poor quality coilovers, inapropriate spring rates, or mismatched shocks.

:edit: Looking at your sig, I think I may have found your problem. I wouldn't expect "dropzone" struts to ride or handle worth a damn.

TeHJuSTiN 07-11-2004 08:45 PM

Tein offers about any spring rate imaginable in their coilovers, and I highly doubt it'll ride like cheap coilovers plus pos drop zone struts.

92eg6 07-12-2004 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by TeHJuSTiN
pos drop zone struts.

dropzones are not POS there better than the tokico blues that my friend has. he even said they are stiffer. i have had these for a few months work great. 30,000 blowout warennty, my friends blues blew out after 3 months. like i said in many previous threads dont call something a POS or talk $hit about something you havent used.

Nelson 07-12-2004 07:34 AM

Tein springs (the S-Tech) are really soft.

Here are some rates, but they are for 96-00 spec Civic's...

Your Pro-Kit: 290F, 190R
Tein S-Tech: 235F, 140R
Neuspeed Race - 485F, 395R

I believe Integra rates are higher, if that is what you would like.

You should note some rates are progressive, some are linear... all depends on spring application.

92eg6 07-12-2004 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by MaxBoosT
Tein springs (the S-Tech) are really soft.

Here are some rates, but they are for 96-00 spec Civic's...

Your Pro-Kit: 290F, 190R
Tein S-Tech: 235F, 140R
Neuspeed Race - 485F, 395R

I believe Integra rates are higher, if that is what you would like.

You should note some rates are progressive, some are linear... all depends on spring application.

thanks man! what do you recommend to install on my car with dropzone/tokico bules struts

Nelson 07-12-2004 07:49 AM

Not sure if those Blue's can handle a harsh spring rate (the Neuspeed Race).

If you want a lowered stance with some comfort, I would have to say the Tein S-Tech's are a perfect fit for you and they are reasonably cheap.

Good luck.

92eg6 07-12-2004 07:52 AM

Not sure if those Blue's can handle a harsh spring rate (the Neuspeed Race).

If you want a lowered stance with some comfort, I would have to say the Tein S-Tech's are a perfect fit for you and they are reasonably cheap.

Good luck.

i want stiff i dont want my car to lean on turns stuff like that. i have a prokit whats your reccommend

Nelson 07-12-2004 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by 92eg6
i want stiff i dont want my car to lean on turns stuff like that. i have a prokit whats your reccommend

Oh, I mis-read. I think you'd have problems with your shocks blowing out if you run too high of a rate.

I would look into:
H&R Sport - 330F, 280R

They are a little stiffer and would work on your current shocks.

92eg6 07-12-2004 08:19 AM

Oh, I mis-read. I think you'd have problems with your shocks blowing out if you run too high of a rate.

I would look into:
H&R Sport - 330F, 280R

They are a little stiffer and would work on your current shocks.

Thanks for all the great info.!!
Are H&R Sport good springs?