Notices

Critique my custom LS turbo setup thus far!

Old 07-07-2004, 10:44 PM
madhandles03
SC34 powered LS-T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Critique my custom LS turbo setup thus far!

Ok first of all Ill start out by saying I have an integra, but Ive always posted in this forum before cus I used to have a civic, and to be honest I just dont think the guys in the teg forum are all that knowledgeable when it comes to FI h: Anyway, heres what Im planning on going with:

CRP Turbo Shorty Manifold (www.crpturbo.com, the company is local to me)
CRP Turbo Downpipe
CRP Turbo Chargepiping
Quicktime Exhaust Ecutout
Garrett T03/T04E Turbo...57 Trim with .63 AR Turbine, .60 Compressor
Tial 38mm Wastegate
OBD1 Conversion with Uberdata tuned by PhIZ
RC 550cc Injectors
Tial BOV
JohnnyRaceCar 6" Intercooler
Oil lines from www.fast-turbo.com
Undecided on what gauges I need at this point...(not sure If Ill even run any to begin with, seeing as how I wont be messing with the boost level)

The only thing Im unsure of is the turbine housing size on the turbo, cant decide if I should go with the .48 a/r or the .63. Any opinions welcome. I dont think Im missing anything, but tell me what you guys think of the plan so far.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:08 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't see a shorty manifold on that site... do you mean the log?

As for guages, I personally believe every honda should have an oil pressure guage and a water temp (because the stock one blows)... after that, boost and egt would be useful in the future.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:50 AM
s1ngle
clutch slipping boost

dont be stupid, get a boost and A/F gauge no matter how inaccurate. You never know if youre overboosting, and you definitely don't want to blow your engine.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:55 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

Originally Posted by s1ngle
dont be stupid, get a boost and A/F gauge no matter how inaccurate. You never know if youre overboosting, and you definitely don't want to blow your engine.

:werd:
definately get a boost gauge (and get one that reads vacuum too)
that can tell you if you have any leaks
for example if you floor it and you reach full boost say like at 6krpm you have problems lol
also its always good to have it just in case there is ever a boost spike...
Old 07-08-2004, 05:23 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go with the MPP cutout. It's cheaper and it has a MUCH better warranty. I believe it has a 3 year warranty whereas the QT is only 90 days. :eek3:

The MPP will require you to buy the cutout pipe from Summit (or somewhere), but that's only ~$30 shipped. The MPP is $110 + shipping and they have AWESOME customer service. They will also do custom work for you if you want to use your own switch or whatnot. Very good guys.

Check them out: http://www.mccordcg.com/mpp/mpp.htm

I run a .60 A/R so you will be fine.

As for gauges, I run a Greddy EGT and Autometer Oil Pressure. My BC reads my boost level and keeps a peak boost level in memory so I can check it. It also holds my most recent boost level for like 2 sec. when I come out of boost so I can look down and see it. It's the Greddy ProfecB SpecII.

hih

Last edited by westcoaststyle; 07-08-2004 at 05:27 AM.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:58 AM
PHiZ
BOOST GOD

My teg runs that turbo. Spools nice and low, Pulls hard all the way to redline, good choice. Boost is good, then as money allows oil press, water temp. EGT is kinda, meh. A/F gauges are next to worthless. Unless you drop the change for a wideband gauge. Is a cutout absolutely neccesary? Cause unless you plan on running two chips, you're going to go lean when you change your exhaust dynamically...

-PHiZ
Old 07-08-2004, 09:05 AM
s1ngle
clutch slipping boost

:werd:
Old 07-08-2004, 09:07 AM
s1ngle
clutch slipping boost

I know that A/F guages arent the best, but they arent completely worthless are they? They give you some kind of rough idea, don't they?
Old 07-08-2004, 09:22 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

I know that A/F guages arent the best, but they arent completely worthless are they? They give you some kind of rough idea, don't they?
nah they suck, mine flickers and swings back and forth like nothing....
i guess it can be slightly useful at WOT in which case if should show as rich,...
Old 07-08-2004, 09:34 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the standard a/f guage gives you absolutely zero usable data. They're far to inaccurate and varied... most of the time the light just dances around like wild anyway. Wideband would be useful, but really expensive... and really theres nothing you can do with it on-the-fly, so to speak. Something that data-logs would be much more useful for tuning and diagnostics.