Notices

UPDATE: My Arbitration with Honda yesterday

Old 08-09-2002, 07:42 AM
JLAudioFan
I got the SI fever!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATE: My Arbitration with Honda yesterday

For all those that wanted to know what happened...

Things went pretty well (heh, for me anyways, not honda). When it was all done, and the honda guy was off the phone (and the tape recorder was off) the arbitrator pretty much agreed with me. He also said he thought it was going to be a quick case... but my buddy John that works at AEM BLEW AWAY the Honda rep. John brought up all this stuff (lol that even I had no clue about) and mentioned things that even the Honda guy had no idea about (I'm not going to say what... not sure if I'll get anyone in trouble)...

But, in the end, the arbitrator said that he didn't know enough about cars to make the decision, so he'll get a better business bureau "technical expert" to inspect the car. Which is a good thing...

The part that cracks me up... the Honda rep had a whole bunch of pictures of my car to show it was modded (the moron even had pics of MY SUBS!!!) and the arbitrator was like "where's all the pictures of the damage??". The honda rep had NO pictures of my block (I'm beginning to wonder if they even pulled the head... im going to the honda dealer today to see if the head bolts are tight, and if the head gasket's intact). John brought up the point "It's hard to tell what caused the damage if I can't look at it".

All in all... I think it went really really good for me. John, if you read this... THANKS!!!!

I'll let you all know what happens (they said around a week or so for the tech expert). Wish me luck!
Old 08-09-2002, 09:19 AM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

sounds like some really encouraging news, hopefully your faith in honda will be restored. and dont use that dealer anymore, **** em.
Old 08-09-2002, 10:43 AM
skubb
not that TLC sh!t either

sounds to me like that dealership is the biggest bunch of idiots in the business.

so how much you gonna boost your next motor
Old 08-09-2002, 10:49 AM
Smurf
Dancing Banana Driver

Originally posted by skubb
sounds to me like that dealership is the biggest bunch of idiots in the business.

:rofl:
Old 08-09-2002, 11:45 AM
JLAudioFan
I got the SI fever!

Originally posted by skubb

let's see... prolly around 20lbs if i get that swap i talked about.

lol... the honda guy was a fuggin tard... he was from corporate honda though. The dealership around here is actually really freakin cool.

the honda rep showed the pics of my gauges, and I told the arbitrator straight up "Look... This may sound stupid, but those gauges are mainly for show. I can't afford much else for my car, so I might as well make it look cool". He kinda grinned but didnt say anything (gave me that "i know how it is" look).
Old 08-09-2002, 11:48 AM
Jkan2001
S2000 Pilot

badass...i hope you win. My tranny blew out at 30K miles and they wouldn't warranty it even though i only had i/h/e for mods. Honda even said they knew my mods didn't put down enough power to break anything but they said i "abused" my tranny.....like they could tell how i drive
Old 08-09-2002, 11:50 AM
oc_civic
mcc racing

Originally posted by Jkan2001
badass...i hope you win. My tranny blew out at 30K miles and they wouldn't warranty it even though i only had i/h/e for mods. Honda even said they knew my mods didn't put down enough power to break anything but they said i "abused" my tranny.....like they could tell how i drive
not to side with them BUT, they can tell if you abuse, or are not well trained.. in driving stick.. it will leave noticable things...
Old 08-09-2002, 11:53 AM
JLAudioFan
I got the SI fever!

Originally posted by Jkan2001
Funny you say that... my 5th gear synchro went out a MONTH after i bought the car (brand new)... although honda didnt ***** about fixing it. THe service guy told me "It's a factory defect that honda's too lazy to fix since some SI's dont have a problem".

I think there's alot more going on with honda and thier warranties that meets the eye.
Old 08-09-2002, 12:45 PM
ur31337
Colby

My friend Chad had his reverse blow out in his 00 LS, and Acura took his car, new tranny, no questions.

My tranny is going in to be looked at, because between 1st & 2nd, there's a metal on metal chirp sometimes. 20K.
Old 08-09-2002, 01:21 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

Originally posted by JLAudioFan

let's see... prolly around 20lbs if i get that swap i talked about.

lol... the honda guy was a fuggin tard... he was from corporate honda though. The dealership around here is actually really freakin cool.

the honda rep showed the pics of my gauges, and I told the arbitrator straight up "Look... This may sound stupid, but those gauges are mainly for show. I can't afford much else for my car, so I might as well make it look cool". He kinda grinned but didnt say anything (gave me that "i know how it is" look).

that was a shot about how we flamed oyu for not having a turbo to mate to your boost guage, huh?