Notices

Air bag suspension.......

Old 05-18-2004, 08:49 PM
joshman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air bag suspension.......

I was thinking air suspension would be cool. you can lower and higher it with a push of a button. i was wondering if they stunk, and also wonderin about how stiff they were. If anyone knows from experience or just knows, please infrom me.
Thanks
Old 05-19-2004, 09:11 AM
osaficles

my cousin just bagged his 99 sonoma. it wasn't what he expected, they caused nothing but problems. he was dumb enough to drop it on the freeway to drag it and he messed up his wiring cuz his tire hit the wiring harness. now he's selling it to get a honda. my other cousin has an 01 celica on bags and he complains about the upkeep. but his celica is strictly show, the sonoma is a daily driver. IMO i think bags are cool but if your not willing to give them the maintenance and be careful with them, don't do it.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:46 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Who knows what kind of spring rates the things have. While some cars have factory air suspension, those models are designed to use it as a performance enhancement. From what I've seen of most aftermarket air suspension designs they're more designed as a showy type thing as opposed to something that will make the car handle better. The one exception being the Bridgestone Praxis system, but they don't make it for Hondas. Also it only has a 2" range of height adjustment.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:44 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have any personal experience, but all I can say is find someone who DOES. Something like airbag suspension can be very damaging, or indeed, dangerous if the components aren't of the highest quality... But I also know this sorta suspension has been around for a long time, so there are probably a handful of companies that have it down. I would go to shows and ask everyone for their input. I would also find another forum (I doubt anyone on HAN even has airbag suspension) to ask your questions on... maybe SHO or something? :dunno:

:edit: fogot to mention... if you're considering this as a performance enhancement, rather than a style one, forget it. Performance-wise, airbag suspensions blow ass (with *very* few exceptions).
Old 05-19-2004, 12:36 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

yeah i havent heard complaints about reliability or anything but i do know you can say goodbye to launching or hard twisties.... if looking cool is your goal, IMO air suspension can do that but those that i know that have experience with air susp. say dont buy the kits, make sure you get all the upgrades, best valves, tanks, compressors and lines etc cuz the cheapy packages dont hold up or your lift/lower time will be longer.

i have heard a few horror stories about bags popping and leaving people stranded at 0psi.... do your hw, dont go cheap, and talk to people who have bags on their cars... especially those who have done it to integras or at least hondas.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:57 PM
joshman

thanks, will do.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:18 PM
roadfool

Default air bags

Hi, i have airbags on my truck and im thinking about getting a civic and bagging it. the maintance on the systems are nothing if you have it done right and not half-assed. if you can get someone who knows what theyre doing and is good at it you wont have any problems with it.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:12 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by roadfool
Hi, i have airbags on my truck and im thinking about getting a civic and bagging it. the maintance on the systems are nothing if you have it done right and not half-assed. if you can get someone who knows what theyre doing and is good at it you wont have any problems with it.
1. Point of clarification: The Civic requires air struts. Bags won't fit.
2. This is the Integra forum, not the Civic forum.

To solve #2, guess where I'm moving this thread?

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!