Notices

Tire ballancing problem

Old 05-10-2004, 06:39 PM
Ochdx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire ballancing problem

I put two brand new tires upfront and my car started shaking at speeds over 65mph, feels very much like unballanced tires. It never happened with my old tires, however I replaced them because I ran over a pothole and ripped one of the tires, so I replaced both. Obviously I had the tire shop ballance the new tires, so it sholdn't be the issue. Could it be the fact that after my old tire was ripped on the pothole, the rim was slightly bent? I straightened it out as much as i could, but its still not perfect. By the way, the car is aligned properly, I just replaced both axles and rack & pinion, and had the alignment done.

I suspect that it also might be happening because the tires I put on are cheap ass Kumho 711, and my old tires were Good Year Eagle F1 GS-D3
Old 05-10-2004, 07:00 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ask them to rebalance the wheel/tires? Could be bad tires too. Happens.

BUt I would suggest your rims since you bent them and tried to fix it yourself. Just get new ones.